• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Read Receipts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To annoy people who request read receipts, repeatedly read the email and mark it as unread. A couple of hundred read receipts will soon make them turn this "feature" off !!!

Comment

I love it when some admin type sends an email to the entire company with a read receipt request... happens at every company ive worked at.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I use bcc and read receipts, depending on what I'm sending. Certainly wouldn't request a read receipt for every email I send, I get enough junk mail!

One cunning thing I like about Outlook is that you can display a column that holds a yes/no to let you know if a read receipt has been requested. I then only open an email with the yes flag when I want that person to know that I've read their email! Unfortunately, where I'm working at the moment is a Notes environment and I haven't figured out an equivalent yet.

Comment

Another cool function in Outlook/Exchange which I didn't know until recently is that you can retrieve emails if they've not been read. e.g, send email to boss saying he's a tw*t, regret the somewhat hasty decision and still retrieve the email with him none the wiser.

I'm not sure, but I think you can check who's read the email as well using this function?

Comment

I believe the retrieve function only works if it is configured for that environment. In one site where I worked, it only worked for one domain and not the whole forest. That might be due to the way it was set up or it could be a feature of exchange!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
              I use bcc and read receipts, depending on what I'm sending. Certainly wouldn't request a read receipt for every email I send, I get enough junk mail!

One cunning thing I like about Outlook is that you can display a column that holds a yes/no to let you know if a read receipt has been requested. I then only open an email with the yes flag when I want that person to know that I've read their email! Unfortunately, where I'm working at the moment is a Notes environment and I haven't figured out an equivalent yet.

snap yes yes yes......and when you do find out, please let me know, as we also use pants Notes.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
              X