• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marital Status on CVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think employers think that this man has no life and will be sat in his hotel bar at night downing lager and stalking young estate agents late into the night.
    Nothing wrong with staking estate agents, whatever their age.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      I put no personal information. No age, no gender, marital, hobbies, etc. Clients are buying services not a person.
      Definately agree. In contracting the only thing that should really matter is are you up to the job, do you have the references and how much is it going to cost. I haven't included such details for years now. I do though include a couple of non-IT certificates which I guess indicates outside interests and...emm, age?

Here in Belgium though, I've seen mainly what I'd call quite traditional style CV's, even from contractors, e.g. jobs in chronological order, i.e. last job on the last page, DOB, status, number of kids (their DOB's as well) at the beginning etc., so what works in the UK might be considered differently in another country, e.g. leaving off marital status.

Wonder sometimes how my CV is seen here since I imagine it might come across as quite brash, 'anglo-saxon' compaired to what I've seen so far...

Comment

I usually put Ms rather than Miss or Mrs, but don't do this if you're a guy, otherwise the agent will assume you're either thinking or or have had a sex change. A beefy bloke with hairy legs in a skirt doesn't make a good impression at interview. If you are a genuine tranny, ensure that you shave your legs before you go for interview.

Otherwise, just hint on your CV that you've worked in the security services that you can't expand upon. They'll assume you have contacts with knee busting credentials and won't dare mess with you by turning you down for the job.

Comment

Working...
        X