• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cv full address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cv full address

is it necessary to put yer full postal address on a CV, and if so, why?

Originally posted by churkus View Post
    is it necessary to put yer full postal address on a CV, and if so, why?
    I'd say yes, so they can reply to you.

Comment

No.

I don't even have part of my address on my CV - it's irrelevant.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You don't need a date of birth either.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

in fact you dont need any other information than "im andyw therefore im too good for this job"
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

No address or DOB. Put mobile nr, email and website (if you have one)

Comment

No - you put on your email and your phone number (mobile preferably), they'll use those to contact you.

It's all to do with identity theft. Apparently there's enough on a newbie's CV to empty their bank account without so much as a bye-your-leave...

so that means no date of birth although irritatingly Jobsite puts your date of birth on the front page of every CV they send out to pimps. but since this information is not on your CV (and it's not clear that they use it in this way) it's a perfect way of 'losing' the odd few years (or decade ) without being deceitful - in fact it's a way of keeping your personal data safe from prying eyes....

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've never yet hired a contractor firm to do work for me, but when (if) I do I'd be happier to hire a company that is prepared to let me know where their head office is based.

It sounds a bit dodgy to me to hide that information.

Or are you not a real company?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  I've never yet hired a contractor firm to do work for me, but when (if) I do I'd be happier to hire a company that is prepared to let me know where their head office is based.

It sounds a bit dodgy to me to hide that information.

Or are you not a real company?
                  Head office details are on my website, and on business cards and company stationery. Since most / all agencies reformat it anyway, they will remove the details for you
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Head office details are on my website, and on business cards and company stationery. Since most / all agencies reformat it anyway, they will remove the details for you
                    WHS..
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X