• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More effin car woe!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be getting in touch with pug UK today depending on their response. Customer service does not seem great here!

On the previous occasion when they failed to fix the problems which they are looking at now (2 weeks after it was bought) she asked for a courtesy car while it was being repaired. They wouldn't give here one because they didn't have any available - the reason was because the dealerships mechanics use them as their personal runabouts. A mechanic told her this while giving her a lift back home in one of the courtesy cars!

They have offered to go out for a drive to asses how she drives this ex-rental car to see if her tiny mileage has caused the damage as opposed to the 12k miles put on it by the customers of Avis! And we all know how hire cars get treated!

She has already told them that there is absolutely no possibility of us paying anything for this car. I would like to go further and hire a car and bill them for the cost. At the end of the day, having transport is needed when you live out of the way and have an 8 year old son who cannot see!
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 19 October 2005, 12:39.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The dealership has just been on the phone to say that they will fix it all for free under the warranty. Once we have the car back I'm going to complain to Peugeot UK about the poor levels of customer service and the fact that a main dealer is kn ocking out cars which fail within 200 miles of purchase - hardly inspires confidence in their brand.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        March 2003.

I think this is the key when buying anything, plus the "Fit for the use" clause.
        Too many retailers, and Car sales is the worst, hide behind Manufacturers Warranty, when in fact you bought it from the dealer, that is where the contract was made...I'm glad you got them to fix it...try and get it on Watchdog

Comment

Working...
        X