• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More effin car woe!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French!

Your main problem is that the car is ever so slightly FRENCH.

Don’t worry; the problem can be simply rectified by selling the car as soon as possible, and never buying another Peugeot.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
      Your main problem is that the car is ever so slightly FRENCH.

Don’t worry; the problem can be simply rectified by selling the car as soon as possible, and never buying another Peugeot.
      Try buying a car these days that's not been built from at least some French parts. Or worse still, Spanish.

Anyway, I thought the 307 was built over here. Or am I thinking of the 207?
      Discuss PDA/Smartphones
      Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

"Just firebomb the fecking garage!"

That's more like it. Wonder if there are any petrol stations with any left in them?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          "Just firebomb the fecking garage!"

That's more like it. Wonder if there are any petrol stations with any left in them?
          Think environmentally friendly... use superheated biodiesel.

Comment

"Think environmentally friendly... use superheated biodiesel."

and

"I found that a weather balloon inflated with oxy-acetylene mix does a far far better job than a mere petrol bomb."

Both probably easier to get hold of than petrol at the moment.

I will see what they say today, but will definately be onto pug Uk to check.

I was suprised that they don't service the cars which they put on their forecourt though. I would expect this form a car supermarket or some Arthur Daley type, but assumed that a main dealer would do this as a matter of course.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My experience is that even though you pay BMW to do a predelivery check on a brand new car, they don't appear to actually bother.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I thought I might as well post an update on this.

The wife put the car back with the main dealers who couldn't find anything wrong, even though the door handle is still wobbly and sometimes fails to work and the car revvs its @rse off when pulling away.

That was a couple of weeks ago. This weekend I decided to drive it for the first time. The first thing I noticed was that the biting point for the clutch was so high that my knee was hiting the steering wheel. We set off and got about 2 miles. I was trying to join a motorway and its clutch started to slip and I could smell burning. I took it straight back to the dealers. Their response was

"Well it doesn't take long to burn out a clutch depending on how you drive"

So are they expecting me to take it that the clutch has gone on a car which has done 12k, of which my wife has done a couple of hundred.

Today she got a call from them. They wanted her to authorise them to strip the clutch and gearbox down. Her response was along the lines of 'I don't care what you do, I'm not paying for it' (it still has its manufacturers warranty on it) Again they tried the line that a clutch can burn out quickly story - given that she never needed a clutch on her last car in the 30k miles she did in it, why should she burn out on in this in a couple of hundred.

Then he said that he would speak to the sales people to get a reduced bill - ballooks to that, unless the bill is reduced to nothing!

The upshot of this is that she will not have the car tonight or tomorrow and is going struggle to get our disabled son to school.

I feel some very bad press brewing for the cheese eating surrender monkey motor company.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Okay time to turn up the heat.

email [email protected]

AA and RAC have a legal helpline for these sorts of things.

Makers orgs
                  SMMT - 020 7235 7000
                  ABS -0800 35 85 855

Dealers orgs
                  RMI - 08457 585350

Contact Trading Stds Office and Citizens advice.

Good luck.

Comment

Cheers for the links Prawn - Already have the trading standards one. But I will definately be in tough with the others if the matter is not resolved to my satisfaction.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                      I thought I might as well post an update on this.

The wife put the car back with the main dealers who couldn't find anything wrong, even though the door handle is still wobbly and sometimes fails to work and the car revvs its @rse off when pulling away.

That was a couple of weeks ago. This weekend I decided to drive it for the first time. The first thing I noticed was that the biting point for the clutch was so high that my knee was hiting the steering wheel. We set off and got about 2 miles. I was trying to join a motorway and its clutch started to slip and I could smell burning. I took it straight back to the dealers. Their response was

"Well it doesn't take long to burn out a clutch depending on how you drive"

So are they expecting me to take it that the clutch has gone on a car which has done 12k, of which my wife has done a couple of hundred.

Today she got a call from them. They wanted her to authorise them to strip the clutch and gearbox down. Her response was along the lines of 'I don't care what you do, I'm not paying for it' (it still has its manufacturers warranty on it) Again they tried the line that a clutch can burn out quickly story - given that she never needed a clutch on her last car in the 30k miles she did in it, why should she burn out on in this in a couple of hundred.

Then he said that he would speak to the sales people to get a reduced bill - ballooks to that, unless the bill is reduced to nothing!

The upshot of this is that she will not have the car tonight or tomorrow and is going struggle to get our disabled son to school.

I feel some very bad press brewing for the cheese eating surrender monkey motor company.
                      Speak to the peugeot UK area manager. I imported a 206 a few years ago from belgium (it was UK built). The garage didn't want to do the warrenty work, however after the Peugeot got involved they couldn't do enough.

I will never buy a Peugeot again, the build quality isn't good and their dealers stink. I only buy Jap cars now and I haven't had one single problem!
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X