• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More effin car woe!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Incorrect. Since the last amendment to the Sale of Goods act, for any product returned within 6 months of purchase (whether second hand or not), it is down to the retailer to prove that it was not faulty, not to the customer to prove that it was faulty.
    Ah, then its the winning ticket! I would take copy of these rules and talk to the dealer then in person rather than over the phone. If they won't bulge tell them that you will go straight to trading standards.

This must be a fairly recent to SoG act, when did it happen?

Comment

I'm quite happy to fight them on all the points. The miserable gits wouldn't when let her have a courtesy car while they sorted it out and she had to ask for somebody to take her back home. Now she has no car, 2 kids, one of whom is disabled. I feel a bit of bad publicity if they don't play ball.

Tried the same tack with Carcraft on ther problems with my car. Trading standards were useless and didn't know much about the sale of goods act. I had to quote the bit about 6 months and onus of prrof to them. Didn't work though.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        Not me this time - the wife. My wife has just got a 12 month old pug 307 and noticed that the tracking seems out. The car was bought from the main pug dealer who now wants to charge her for fixing the tracking.

She has had the car for less than 2 weeks and it was previously owned by AVIS - hence the duff tracking probably due to kerbing. My argument is that the car should have been serviced prior to purchase and this should have been spotted and fixed. I wouldn't expect a main dealer to ship out cars which had a fault already on them.

Also, there are other problems on the car. As she bought it on finance, are there any ways of geting out of the agreement if some major problems crop up?
        Is it pulling to one side? Are the tyres worn oddly. It may be the tracking or it could be a poor damage repair.

If it's the tracking it's unlikely to have shown up on any service which are 20k or two years for a petrol 307. I'd take it to a tyre fitter place (anywhere but kwik fit) I guarantee the dealership will outsourse it to a tyre fitters and add a little on. Tracking should cost no more than £20, it's a simple 10 minute job.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"Tracking should cost no more than £20, it's a simple 10 minute job."

I agree, but it is the fact that it is such a small job that you would expect them to throw it in for goodwill. She has had it about 2 weeks so tyre wear is not visible.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            This must be a fairly recent to SoG act, when did it happen?
            March 2003.

Changes to the Sales of Good Act, came into force at the end of March 2003, allowing customers greater power when returning faulty goods. On the 31st of March 2003, the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 updated the existing Sales of Goods Act. One of the implications of the new regulations was that consumers can now seek repair, replacement, partial or full refund on any goods that were faulty or defective at the time of purchase. More importantly, consumers no longer have to prove that the goods were faulty when purchased; instead the retailer will have to prove that they were not! These provisions do not apply to the fair wear and tear or misuse of goods and after the six-month period the onus will return from the retailer back to the consumer.

Comment

"Tracking should cost no more than £20, it's a simple 10 minute job."

I agree, but it is the fact that it is such a small job that you would expect them to throw it in for goodwill. She has had it about 2 weeks so tyre wear is not visible.
              Have you tested it or arfe you going off the wife?
              Remember the camber of UK roads will automatically pull the car to the left.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"Have you tested it or arfe you going off the wife?
                Remember the camber of UK roads will automatically pull the car to the left"

No I haven't but she said it pulls to the left on the motorway where the camber is slight

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"Have you tested it or arfe you going off the wife?
                  Remember the camber of UK roads will automatically pull the car to the left"

No I haven't but she said it pulls to the left on the motorway where the camber is slight

Don't mess around with the dealer. Ring peugeot UK, they will get things moving, your car should be under warranty and although this is probably wear and tear they are pretty good at sticking a rocket under the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Don't mess around with the dealer. Ring peugeot UK, they will get things moving, your car should be under warranty and although this is probably wear and tear they are pretty good at sticking a rocket under the dealer.
                    I can second that. Was having trouble getting a new remote key for my 406, and the dealer wasn't interested in helping. Spoke to another dealer in the area who quoted me £300 just for the parts, as it needed a new receiver.

Called Peugeot UK, telling them it was the first and last Pug I'd buy, who promptly rang my dealer. A few minutes later, they invited me to come in and they'd supply 2 keys and the receiver for the cost of a key - £80.

Suprisingly, they now bend over backwards to help me whenever I visit them.

That said, I would own another Pug. They may not be the best on the road, but they're still better than a Mondeo.
                    Discuss PDA/Smartphones
                    Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Just firebomb the fecking garage!
                      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                      You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
                      X