• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The FaQQer: Where'd He Go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Use the other forum then, he's quite active on it (being a Mod on it, I suppose he would have to be)
    Which also explains his absence form here. Older members may recall I vanished for a while in 2008 for the same reason.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Which also explains his absence form here. Older members may recall I vanished for a while in 2008 for the same reason.
      Is that about when the quality of advice of the professional forums improved?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        I bow to your expert opinion on quality of advice....
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Has he banned anyone yet?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Has he banned anyone yet?
            Don't think so, plenty of warnings/points given tho so doubt it would be long...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Use the other forum then, he's quite active on it (being a Mod on it, I suppose he would have to be)
              Ok ok.. Not that much
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Nah. That was early 2009
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Nah. That was early 2009
                  Ah yes. That'll be when I came back on here then.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Don't think so, plenty of warnings/points given tho so doubt it would be long...
                    It used to be you weren't allowed to argue with mods over there. Is that still the case? You could try it and see what happens.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      It used to be you weren't allowed to argue with mods over there. Is that still the case? You could try it and see what happens.
                      You can argue if you want. You just have to be very sure of your facts. The moderation has been fairly low key anyway, and AFAICR only one person has ever been banned, many years ago. The Ts&Cs are very clear on what is unacceptable behaviour.

That said, I think the moderation balance on here is better, but the two are not really comparable environments.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X