• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Didn't Fall - It Was Pushed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well come on, tell me
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      I think you have missed a lot!!!!
      Stop doing that Chico, that is not an answer. Tell her what she has missed.
      I dont see Newton saying "apples fall because God did it". He says the fall due to gravity. A natural force.
      I know that you believe that if it is natural then it must be God.

The rest of us do not attribute the things we dont understand to a higher force, we prefer to try and find a reasonable explanation, which usualy turns up at some time.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ok lets go back to basics - the original post in this was a satire on the whole intelligent design debate happening in the States. Gravitational theory or Newtonian phsyics is not flawed and Einstein used it as the basis his theory of relativity. Rebecca the initial post was ironic and you grabbed the wrong end of the stick.
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

OK so we all agree
          Phew!
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Sorry Chico me old mate

but the laws of Gravity are very flawed which is why the satire is so good. Creationists are keen to demolish evolutionary theory because they see it as undermining the Bible, they are not interested in trying to demolish the idea of gravity because nowhere in the Bible does it say 'and on the fifth day God decided that Adam should stop floating around in the sky. And it WAS good.'

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

EO

would that be Einstein's new theory of gravitation or Newton's?
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

First off Einsteins theory supeceded Newtons but then Einsteins theories were proven not to be accurate at the sub atomic level.
                Scientists are still hunting for the unification theory that will explain how massive objects and tiny objects work and interrelate.

There is nothing wrong with this , its how science works. What is interesting is how you accept it in this case but are averse to applying the same standard to the evolutionary theory.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X