• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You'll know he's Welsh and a criminal because he's got a stammer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiccup..........ops sorry..........that’s what happens with paid pub grub! the beer is nicer when you can call it "entertaining"

SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      hiccup..........ops sorry..........that’s what happens with paid pub grub! the beer is nicer when you can call it "entertaining"

I hope you got your guests to sign the receipt...

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

It's even nicer when you can call it "subsistence" and write it off against corporation tax.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Uuuuuuuuuum.... hopefully it's a lot less than an amp.

Arm to arm lethal current is about 32mA or so.

I'd be surprised if the current is much in excess of a mA or so.

And a taser shoots two wires out to make a circuit, otherwise plod would get a shock too, so standing in puddles doesn't make a lot of difference.
          But what would happen to the tazer if the darts short across a metal conductor?

Comment

It just shorts out.

The design of the thing must take account of this or their returns dept must be very busy fixing buggered tasers.

This is the concept behing the Zeitghost(tm) anti everything suit (with added codpiece).

Instead of the current flowing from one probe into you then out of you into the other probe, it just shorts the two probes together & voila! no shock.

Probly pisses off plod so much he shoots instead of course.

Further investigation reveals that a taser produces 50kV until skin contact, whereupon the voltage falls to 1200V at about 1.9mA at 17 pulses per second.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 7 February 2017, 12:15.

Comment

got it got it got it...........this is what you need

SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

there just not Dr proof !
                SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                X