• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Lie lose AGAIN

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lie lose AGAIN

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7522153.stm

.... and it was their SIXTH SAFEST seat !!!!

Comment

Gordon is listening

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
        Gordon is listening
        .....to the voices in his head mostly

I imagine NL will spin this as another Nat bye-election steal (they've done this to Labou at various times in the last forty years) but this is woefully bad for NL. The Scottish labour vote helped keep them going as a vable party during the eighties but over the last five years it looks like that block vote ain't so willing to go along with script. Interesting.

I can't imagine GB will quit though - who would want the job?

Comment

This is a worry for everyone. With so-called ‘safe’ labour seats falling, it will drive the snot goblin deeper into his bunker. He will reason that ‘if the voters cannot be trusted to make the right decision then it should be made for them’. We have already lost the chance of a referendum on the EU treaty that was promised because he feared that the vote would go against him. Be prepared for further elections including the general one to be cancelled too.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            ...... Be prepared for further elections including the general one to be cancelled too.
            That's the biggest pile of tulipe I've ever heard. Just utter, utter, utter, utter rot. This is good news for us all as with any luck it will hasten the end of the Goblin King and hence the current government.

We'll then (with any luck) get Tory one and I'll be laughing as all the Robo-Tories on here shuffle awkwardly as darling Dave imposes "green" taxes and fails to repeal the Human RIghts Act (or whatever else he does), and we have to listen to all that partisan nonsense about it being OK if we're getting shafted by Tories as they know what they are doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              That's the biggest pile of tulipe I've ever heard. Just utter, utter, utter, utter rot. This is good news for us all as with any luck it will hasten the end of the Goblin King and hence the current government.

We'll then (with any luck) get Tory one and I'll be laughing as all the Robo-Tories on here shuffle awkwardly as darling Dave imposes "green" taxes and fails to repeal the Human RIghts Act (or whatever else he does), and we have to listen to all that partisan nonsense about it being OK if we're getting shafted by Tories as they know what they are doing!
              Agreed, we'll get five years of sinking further into the mire whilst "call me dave" blames the old regime. By which point we'll all be too financially fooked to afford the internet access to post here.

<scottish_accent>
              We're all doomed
              </scottish_accent>
              Last edited by Pondlife; 25 July 2008, 08:24.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                How did a man too stupid to chain his bike to a lamppost become leader of the Conservative Party?
                By being the smartest one of the bunch?
                The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I would not get too excited by this result if I were you.

It is the usual mid-term blues that every government has. It was a protest against a global downturn that nobody could predict, not a protest against the Labour Party.

A General Election refocusses minds on real issues. People will remember that, since we were elected in 1997, Labour's stewardship of the economy has ensured that the UK is now better prepared than any other major nation on Earth to ride out these economic difficulties.

People know that there is no party better equipped than us to steer a steady course back to the stable and prosperous times that we have provided in the past, because we did it before after inheriting the usual mess left by the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by gordonbrown View Post
                    I would not get too excited by this result if I were you.

It is the usual mid-term blues that every government has. It was a protest against a global downturn that nobody could predict, not a protest against the Labour Party.

A General Election refocusses minds on real issues. People will remember that, since we were elected in 1997, Labour's stewardship of the economy has ensured that the UK is now better prepared than any other major nation on Earth to ride out these economic difficulties.

People know that there is no party better equipped than us to steer a steady course back to the stable and prosperous times that we have provided in the past, because we did it before after inheriting the usual mess left by the Tories.

blooming heck. I have seen the light. Thanks bobble eye.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X