• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market is mental

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underscore2
    £550 per day is what they are offering. That guy must be on a serious permie salary!
    550 is reasonably good! But not fantastic. However, it's great compared to what they had been offering in the last 3 years.

http://calculator.contractoruk.com/

Your current net monthly income is £5,035
    Avoiding IR35 would increase your income by £1,311 (20%) to £6,347
    Increasing your rate by £21 (24%) to £90, earns you the same as someone outside IR35.
    You can take an IR35 compliant contract for £12 less and still receive the same income.
    If you avoided IR35 and took an extra 11 weeks holiday you would still earn the same.
    To get the same income via permanent employment would require a salary of £93,433

Although this isn't fair in my opinion as it calculates 44 weeks a year. To be on the safe side I wouldn't calculate more than 40 weeks a year, thus comparing it to a permie salary of 80-85k.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Nl

this a the last scream of agony for the it contractor market
      lets face, you have been fu** by tony bliar and its NL minions

Comment

Working...
      X