• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just bought a car on ebay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you not heard of built-in obsolesence?
    You make some fair points. If I were feeling less bolshie I would tone down my arguments to saying that I don't think mileage matters as much as it did in the old days.

I don't know what the future holds, but if I don't work, hence don't commute, then I will only be doing 3000 miles a year, so in ten years time this car will have caught up with my Honda in mileage terms. If I do work then it's all academic anyway; two months labour (contracting) has paid for this car, I think that's a fair swap.

Comment

RESALE VAKUE is bugger all
      Which of course is a good thing, if you're a buyer. (Or a neutral factor, if you're an economist neither buying nor selling who believes market prices are always rational.)

Comment

"two months labour (contracting) has paid for this car",

it took you two months to find 7k gbp

what contracting are you doing, helpdesk support ?

Milan.

Comment

Oi Milan, shut up! We all know you pretend to be the contractor hot-shot but with your tape changing skills, it would take you a year to buy a Rover 25
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
          X