• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is a nob?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a nob?

nob ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nb)
    n. Chiefly British Slang
    A person of wealth or social standing: “The nobs were forever snubbing the snobs” (Conor Cruise O'Brien).

nob

n : an elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners) [syn: toff]

Thanks saguru - you described me to a tee

It is also.....

nob

high place, a city of the priests, first mentioned in the history of David's
    wanderings (1 Sam. 21:1). Here the tabernacle was then standing, and here
    Ahimelech the priest resided. (See AHIMELECH.) From Isa. 10:28-32 it seems to
    have been near Jerusalem. It has been identified by some with el-Isawiyeh, one
    mile and a half to the north-east of Jerusalem. But according to Isa. 10:28-32
    it was on the south of Geba, on the road to Jerusalem, and within sight of the
    city. This identification does not meet these conditions, and hence others (as
    Dean Stanley) think that it was the northern summit of Mount Olivet, the place
    where David "worshipped God" when fleeing from Absalom (2 Sam. 15:32), or more
    probably (Conder) that it was the same as Mizpeh (q.v.), Judg. 20:1; Josh.
    18:26; 1 Sam. 7:16, at Nebi Samwil, about 5 miles north-west of Jerusalem.
    After being supplied with the sacred loaves of showbread, and girding on the
    sword of Goliath, which was brought forth from behind the ephod, David fled
    from Nob and sought refuge at the court of Achish, the king of Gath, where he
    was cast into prison. (Comp. titles of Ps. 34 and 56.)
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Noun. 1. A penis.
    2. An idiot, an objectionable person.

3. A person of wealth and high social standing, a member of the upper-classes.
    Verb. To have sexual intercourse.
    * Also, and more commonly spelt 'knob'.

Comment

Knob:
      Short for Knob Head! A reference to the end of a penis! Commonly known as a "Dick Head".

Yup Chico, you down to a tee!

Comment

Thanks guys

Well I was a bit rushed when I posted the poll and misspelt knob. But just to make it clear, Chico, what I meant, as most people on the board agree, is that you are a penis head.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Chico is Chris Lancaster and I claim my crisp fiver.

NatWest issues cash card to Dick Head
          God alone knows what NatWest customer Chris Lancaster has done to offend the bank's card issuing department, but it recently sent him a new cash card on which he is gloriously identified as "Dick Head".

Read On: http://www.theregister.com/2005/08/0..._card_outrage/

Comment

Sasguru - the people have spoken once again - I guess it was a Freudian slip ehh?
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
              Sasguru - the people have spoken once again - I guess it was a Freudian slip ehh?
              Yup, we all knew you were a dickhead, chico!

Comment

I will not descend to your level and trade petty insults with imbeciles.
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

I will not descend to your level and trade petty insults with imbeciles.
                  Oh, really? How would you describe your post then?

Comment

They have indeed and no it wasn't a Freudian slip, it was a spelling mistake. You are a KNOB with knobs on.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X