• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hate crimes soar after bombings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    Who goes around carrying an axe?
    He went home to get it. Not that that excuses it. Chico, no one is disputing that the black lad tragically killed in Liverpool was killed primarily because of his colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      Who goes around carrying an axe?
      My point exactly.

Comment

What's your point LB? Can black people be racists, of course they can. Could this incident on the bus be racially motivated, absolutely but it would be irresponsible of the press to suggest this was without any evidence beyond the fact that the people involved were black and white, and so far there ain't none. Stuff like that happens all the time between two white guys, and between two black guys so your arguement seems a little flawed to me anyway.

Have hate crimes gone up against muslims since the attacks, yeah. And I can partially understand why, but are you suggesting it's ok to go out and beat up yer local muslim cause of what happened on 7/7? Umm ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          Have hate crimes gone up against muslims since the attacks, yeah. And I can partially understand why, but are you suggesting it's ok to go out and beat up yer local muslim cause of what happened on 7/7? Umm ...
          This of course is precisely what the fanatics want to happen
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
            are you suggesting it's ok to go out and beat up yer local muslim cause of what happened on 7/7? Umm ...
            What do you think?

My point is merely observational, two equally heinous murders on the same day. One, black guy killed by white guy, news saturation coverage. The other, white guy killed by black guy, mentioned once on local news then forgotten.

Are we getting hysterical about racism, which may be a symptom of something else anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              What do you think?

My point is merely observational, two equally heinous murders on the same day. One, black guy killed by white guy, news saturation coverage. The other, white guy killed by black guy, mentioned once on local news then forgotten.

Are we getting hysterical about racism, which may be a symptom of something else anyway?
              Eh? One black guy get's chased after running away from a bunch of white guys hurling abuse and get's an axe embedded in his head. No one disputes this was a racist attack.

Another white guy get's stabbed on a bus after confronting a black guy for throwing chips at people on the bus. There is no reason to suggest that the guy was targetted because he was white or that it wouldn't have happened the same way if the confronter had been back. No one is suggesting this was a racist attack, but somehow you see some anti-racist conspiracy theory ...

Not being funny, but you are the one getting hysterical LB.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think you're missing the point, Snaw.

Why is one murder seemingly more heinous than the other? Both were vicious unprovoked attacks. One gets saturation news coverage, the other barely a mention.

Maybe it is because racist murders are more heinous? I don't subscribe to that view, but some clearly do.

Comment

The reason why racial crimes or shall we say "cultural" (eg Northern Ireland) get more coverage is quite simply they often escalate and cause far more problems (in extreme cases ultimately civil war or genocide ) than say mugging or breaking into cars.

We only have to look at the Balkans or Africa to see how interacial conflict can escalate.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Beg to disagree

For once I disagree, Lucifer. The london incident happens all the time, terrible though it is - it is a result of an argument. Those of us who live in London would bear the chips in silence if the guy looked dangerous.
                    But its not often that a teenager is killed by embedding an axe in his head, especially when by all accounts he did not provoke the situation further.
                    BTW The London papers have given more coverage to the bus incident, so I just guess its where you are in the country.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Because one is just some guy going nuts on a buss, pretty regular occurance overall

Other is multiple guys over an extended period of time harrasing and persuing a kid and butching him with a axe, expecially important (for the papers) one of the suspects having links to someone "famous"

LB while i might agree with the bias about this in a lot of case's this really is not not one of them

Comment

Working...
                      X