• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractors rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitter

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    You're not speaking from bitter experience here are you, Dodgy?

Bitter me?? No I have never had any bad experiences. I may be paranoid but I avoid employing:

1. Women of child bearing age who are married to a succesful breadwinner
    2. Black people

I am neither racist nor sexist, I just do not want to expose myself to difficulties that may arise if ever I need to fire anyone. As far as contractors are concerned they can be whatever sex or colour they like, if they are good at their job that is good enough for me.

I may be stepping out of line here, but I am afraid that this is true of many employers.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I am neither racist nor sexist
      If you had two female applicants for a single job, you can only take one, all other things equal would you choose the one with bigger breasts?

Comment

Pedant's Corner

You can't technically be "racist" against a "Muslim"
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          If you had two female applicants for a single job, you can only take one, all other things equal would you choose the one with bigger breasts?
          Size isn't everything...shape and firmness play an important role.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Dodgy

You said:

"Bitter me?? No I have never had any bad experiences. I may be paranoid but I avoid employing:

2. Black people

I am neither racist nor sexist,

You do not describe this as sexist or racist? I bet you are going to say you cannot be sexist because you are married and you cannot be racist because you have a black mate? Eh?
            Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Bitter me?? No I have never had any bad experiences. I may be paranoid but I avoid employing:

2. Black people

I am neither racist nor sexist, I just do not want to expose myself to difficulties that may arise if ever I need to fire anyone. As far as contractors are concerned they can be whatever sex or colour they like, if they are good at their job that is good enough for me.

I may be stepping out of line here, but I am afraid that this is true of many employers.
              Right, Dodgy. I bet some of your best friends are black, eh?

Comment

2. Black people
                I'd add East Enders and people from Essex (Essexers?) to the list. If they're not trying to sell you a dodgy TV or a horse, they're off on workers comp.

Comment

Originally posted by pete benson
                  hi, i'm looking for some information on employment rights/grievances etc but from the perspective of working for a composite company. I'm not sure who i should take up the problems with, the agency i do the work for, and with whom i have the problem, or the company i'm employed by and who manage the composite companies?? Neither are being very helpful at the moment so i'm looking for guidance elsewhere. thanks
                  You have no employment rights, unless it can be demonstrated by an Employment Tribunal.

Far better to look at the contract you have with the composite and the agency to see if there is any breach.

Frankly, this kind of thing is why I don't like composite companies or brollies.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    We used this method on deciding the lead singer of my old band. It does work.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Employed?

Lets start with the basics. How long have you been "employed"?

Comment

Working...
                      X