• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite

Originally posted by AtW
    Gee dude, you seem to like Linux, which says everything about your lack of taste.
    Actually I prefer zOS and zVM along with zLinux. I just use Linux (or Unixware) as a base OS for my software as Windows is deemed not reliable enough.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My personal favorite is Debian Sarge 64Bit

Comment

CUK Admin

Your main topic pages are over 80k in size....quite hefty. Do you need to have the title attributes for each link.........i know it's a nice feature but adds bloat. If the person wants to read the message then they can click into it
        Last edited by HankWangford; 12 July 2005, 14:22.
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator
          As suggested by several members you can turn Avatars and Images off in your user settings. Click on USER CP in the top navigation, click Edit Options in left hand menu and then the third section down holds check boxes for Avatar and Image display options.
          CUK Admin
          Yup, doing this does save on all the blank space you get with this board.

Otherwise, I think it is much better, cleaner and more professional. Two thumbs up.

Comment

New Forum

The EZ Board layout was fine for use at work because if was not too obvious that one was on the board, a quick alt tab and back was fine. This new layout looks more like a forum for Xbox users or even a dating site.

I will certainly use this site at lot less until changes can be made to be more text based.
            HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

It would be an improvement if you could use the template for showing messages which I can see right now as I type (in the reply to topic / thread window).

This layout uses far less space than the primary view and it is just as readable, if not more so, without needing so much scrolling.

Comment

Would be nice if you enabled the quick reply boxes.

Comment

Well I don't like it and I won't be using it until it's fixed.

Comment

Have a look at this forum.

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk

Combines the more modern style of this site with the less complicated look of old CUK and without all the problems. If there is a skin like that it might address the various complaints above which mostly seem to boil down to it being over cluttered and not very work friendly.

What you really want of course is a web page cloning method. Contractors upload the company web page and CUK automatically copies the appearance and colour scheme. With one click, boring company mission statements, pep talks from the chairman and fuzzy photographs of the company HQ in Middlesborough instantly replace dodgy pictures of threaded.

PS The add avatar image by link does not work. Have cut and pasted directly from address box and tried both jpg and gif.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 July 2005, 20:17.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X