• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charles Clark Hands Victory To Terrorists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WageSlave
    Give the media attention around rapists, murderers and assorted robbers who turn out to be asylum seekers/immigrants, would adding suicide bombing to that list really change government policy?
    After all, weren't there a few immigrants amongst the 'British' group released from G.Bay?
    I'm not saying it would change government policy, Slave, but if we were closer to a general election than we are, there would be significant and, possibly, result changing, capital be made from any opposition on an anti-asylum seeker ticket if the government did not change its policy. As we are four years from an election that is not a likely result as it will not produce a "vote of no confidence" in NL, but it will be a political bombshell for a few weeks.

Comment

I agree, Lucifer.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

If it turns out one or more of the bombers were failed asylum seekers that will, of course, be a political disaster for the government.
        Would find it more ironic if they were successful asylum seekers who had been in the country for a few years living off state benefits

Hard to say which gov would prefure though, if asylum seekers they get blame for their policys
        If native muslims then they can kiss goodbye to any curtailing of civil rights while getting a whole load of sectarian violence on the streets

Probably prefure them to be "tourists", especially french ones

Comment

Algerians with French passports, that sort of thing?

Comment

Either that or just asylum seekers based over there and under watch of the French autoritys who neglected to tell the british would be just perfect for Blair as would mean security services over here did not fail, little goverment could have done to prevent it and it's all the frenchies falute.

That would definatly be best outcome he could hope for

Comment

Yes, that would be highly convenient and I have no doubt that the police and MI5 have already been briefed that that is the required conclusion.

Comment

Bader-Meinhof

The Bader-Meinhof gang had the same idea in the seventies - they thought that the state would become so oppressive that the "People" would eventually rise up and overthrow the state and create the perfect anarchist society.

I see that plan worked well

I expect this lot to have exactly the same degree of success

Though of course the difference is that the German Government is very wary of being seen as fascist, whereas our lot have wet-dreams about it
                Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Working...
                X