• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A few people missing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paco
    you can be sure he's keeping his hand in.
    That's a common problem among geeks
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Gee

why...another change, this is the second I have lived through. how long this time.
      Cadengineer, Engineering contracting worldwide

Comment

missing

going back to the original post, who was in London yesterday?? did anyone here get caught in the chaos??... I did

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
          going back to the original post, who was in London yesterday?? did anyone here get caught in the chaos??... I did
          I was at Waterloo just as it all started kicking off. I just got back on the train I came in on and went straight home. Good job I did, as I had an appointment just where the bus was blown up and am very grateful I was running 15 minutes late.

Comment

waterloo

Lucifer, wow .. I was in Waterloo at that time too, had to take the train which goes to reading (and stops in every single bloody villege on the way) then I changed in Reading to get to Oxford.. took me 3 hours to get home... but was soooo grateful to get out of London....

Comment

Sandy, I think I saw you - the burly. bearded bloke by platform 17?

Jesting aside though, yes, I guess we were there more or less at the same time. I had just come in from Wimbledon for a meeting in Woburn Place. As soon as I heard what was going on, I reasoned just going straight home was the best. Not out of fear or anything, more a concern they might suspend the overground trains and I'd be stuck at Waterloo.

Comment

more a concern they might suspend the overground trains and I'd be stuck at Waterloo.

Don't worry, Lucifer; you could have spent the night at my place. Might have involved you in a few bizarre sexual rituals, but at least you'd have somewhere to kip for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                  more a concern they might suspend the overground trains and I'd be stuck at Waterloo.

Don't worry, Lucifer; you could have spent the night at my place. Might have involved you in a few bizarre sexual rituals, but at least you'd have somewhere to kip for the night.
                  Do you provide your own rollerblades?

And are you sure you're not Xoggoth?

Comment

Sorry, no rollerblades...but you could teach me.

I'm not Xoggoth. My proclivities are strictly professional.

Comment

Oi

At least partimer was paying attention. I'm not sure I'm xoggoth either. Last week I was so happy doing pictures of squirrels for a bit better than dole money, now I am back in the rat race, bloody requirements, specifications, timesheets, a tiny cog in immensity of boring aircraft control systems. F*** ell, I am SOOO DEPRESSED! Never mind, if I can see an opportunity to make it fly into the Houses Of Parliament whenever the rear toilet is flushed I will.

PS Why does everyone go somewhere else whenever my back is turned? I am starting to get a complex about it. I got home this week to find the wife had gone to live in Bulgaria without leaving a forwarding address.
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 8 July 2005, 19:02.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X