• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the warmongers here...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic terrorism didn't start with the war in Iraq.

Granted the Iraq and Afghanistan wars did not improve matters (!) but nor is it the sole responsible for attacks like yesterday's. Western democracies are easier targets for terrorists coming from non-democratic regions, precisely because our democracies give everyone the benefit of the doubt and anyone who hasn't committed any crimes yet is free to do as they please in our lands - including preparing attacks.

Good to see that some of our leaders do not make principled decisions based on what terrorists might do to us if we take actions they won't like - so in this I say well done Tony for helping depose Saddam.

Terrorism: personally I can't think of a more cowardly way to lead your life. As evils go, it even beats paedophilia.
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Not in my name

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
      Islamic terrorism didn't start with the war in Iraq.

Granted the Iraq and Afghanistan wars did not improve matters (!) but nor is it the sole responsible for attacks like yesterday's.

So, how many Western nations not involved Iraq and Afghanistan have been subjected to Al-Qaeda linked revenge attacks? France, Germany, New Zealand? Nope.

Its been those directly involved - Britain, Spain, Australia (in Bali). From the message put out by those claiming responsibility -
      Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't know how this can be more plainly put. Blair has made Britain a target.

Comment

Insight -You fool did Spanish go to war in Iraq? No they did not - they sent peacekeeping troops after the war as did 30 or so nations. Have they all been attacked? You seek to justify the actions of madmen - you disgust me
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

No, you've got it totally back to front.

Blair, Bush etc. stopped France, Germany, New Zealand from becoming targets.

If you fail to understand this, then there is little hope in explaining why the terrorists do what they do.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Such people rarely need much in the way of an excuse. I remember at university (before 9/11) we had real problems with the Muslim students. They would pitch a stall outside the campus and shout about the 'flaming sword of Allah'. They caused all sorts of trouble, including gate crashing the meetings of other groups, particularly the Christian Union, and causing them to be abandoned.
            The editor of the student rag had to resign his position and receive police protection after he dared to criticise this group for their bullying antics. The article was extremely reasonable and simply pointed out that it wasn't on to gatecrash meetings and scream bloody murder. But for penning such a piece, the poor guy received death threats - serious enough to warrant police intervention.

Obviously this is no where near the level of 9/11, Madrid or Bali, but it does show that a group of fanatical young men, whipped up to frenzy by a demagogue, require precious little provocation to make their zeal turn into violence.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Iraq was not Muslim territory

How many times?

Under Saddam Iraq was not Muslim territory.
              Saddam had commited more attrocities against Islam than the West ever had.
              With the fall of Saddam Iraq will become a Muslim state.
              The best way for Muslims to achive peace in Iraq is to stop fighting then the allies will leave.

Bush and Blair did Islam a favour in Iraq, OBL had no love of Saddam.

Why would Muslims be fighting a war AGAINST people who are giving Iraq back to the Muslims when such a war delays the object of their desire?

There is a different motive here. One which is not yet clear.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It's suspected by security analysts who have been appearing in the media that this cell was domestic. probably British born muslims who have been inspired to carry out these attrocities by the war in Iraq. Some people on here fail to understand that Al Queda is not an organisation like the IRA, it is an idea that unites many different groups with similar but varied objectives and it is becoming more successful as a brand thanks to Tony and George.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                  It's suspected by security analysts who have been appearing in the media that this cell was domestic. probably British born muslims who have been inspired to carry out these attrocities by the war in Iraq. Some people on here fail to understand that Al Queda is not an organisation like the IRA, it is an idea that unites many different groups with similar but varied objectives and it is becoming more successful as a brand thanks to Tony and George.
                  Well ain't YOU just sounding more like the real ME with every post?
                  We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars!

Comment

shaunboy - you think if there had been no war these animals would have quietly gone about on their business. No there would have been another excuse
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                      shaunboy - you think if there had been no war these animals would have quietly gone about on their business. No there would have been another excuse

The diversion from the war on terror into Iraq has made more of these nutters without a doubt. Yes there would still be terrorists but fighting old wars and killing innocent people does nothing but stir up more hatred.It has been shown that terrorists are best dealt with behind the scenes and not in televisualised blood baths in which the terrorists can become martyrs

Comment

Working...
                      X