• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caught speeding 63mph in 40 :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn Him, Burn him

No witch hunting hysteria going on speeding then.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh tulipe tulipe. Just been reading through all the gumpf they sent me for my court date and lo and behold it says that I was supposed to send a form back to tell them I was going to plead not guilty!!!

It says dont turn up at court if you want to plead not guilty. Then it says if you dont turn up at court they will try you in absence!!!! Hey!!!!!

Basically you have to send them a ******* form first!!!

Bollocks, I'm turning up
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Turn up well before the court, talk to the CPS - offer to plead guilty immediately before the hearing started. This should give you the lowest possible penalty (can be as small as fixed one).

Comment

f-ck that Atw Im not bloody guilty.

I was only just doing over 30mph because I looked turned to the missus and said, they cant do me for that.

It was a handheld laser LTI:20:20, it was bloody bright sunshine and these tossers are stiching me up. I dont have any points, it's the bloody principle!

Money. No object.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I was only just doing over 30mph because I looked turned to the missus and said, they cant do me for that.
            So, also you admit to driving without due care and consideration? You are foooked mate

Comment

It was a handheld laser LTI:20:20, it was bloody bright sunshine and these tossers are stiching me up. I dont have any points, it's the bloody principle!

Money. No object.
              That's the attitude m'boy!

Fight for what's right! Btw, I believe Reading Gaol has internet access...

Comment

Money. No object.
                Don't forget that the DPA is not valid in court. Lots of prosecutors try and invoke the DPA as a reason for not having evidence and magistrates buy it every time. If the prosecutor says they can't provide something due to the DPA ask them if they are sure about that and then tell the magistrate that the DPA cannot be used to stop evidence being presented in court. Then in your most scornful voice possible say that as a highly educated solicitor you would expect the prosecutor to know this and that perjury is a very serious offence and he/she may wish to reconsider their argument.

You can then refuse to reconvene at a later time so that the prosecutor can obtain the evidence to show the court, arguing that they have had lots of time and that all charges should be dismissed due to lack of evidence. After the prosecutor has tried on the DPA thing the magistrate would probably go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Do they still do Ballads there?
                  Yes, though if you get caught singing one they send you to the tower for beheading!
                  It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Money. No object.
                    25% over is "only just over"? I think you'll find you are bloody guilty, old tulip - tho' not as guilty as the OP and his 63 in a 40 limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      A swift dab of the break pedal usually sorts them out.

Not that I'm advocating such a reckless course of action.

Churchill - In "Roadcraft" mode!
                      brake

or perhaps you meant it....

Comment

Working...
                      X