• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Classic Leaving Card Messages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights"

So many of us left that department because our new boss was a twunt.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

not in the spirit of the thread but on topic at least

me (a male)

got a leaving card from my last permie gig yonks ago. Parted on really good terms, tears and everything.

When I got home one message in the card was red out by SY02

"I will really miss those hazy summer lunch times when we would fling off all our clothes and run naked through the fields, love George"

It was one of the developers. Sarky p*ss taker that he was
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The best leaving card I've seen was done with a Colditz POW theme.

It was very close to the truth (Japanese company, employee for life etc).
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

(to the most unhelpful person in our office, who was well known for shoulder-sloping abilities of world champoinship quality)

Thank you for all your help

Comment

My leaving card from permiedom, one of the Indian ladies had written, "Thank you, you were quite helpful". I'm hoping it was lost in translation!

Comment

My personal favourites

"He came, he saw, he farted"

"The canteen will go out of business now"
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Be seein' you!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Going back a few years one of our Permies pulled the old 'resign on a Friday, come back on Monday as a contractor. When his contract finished he wasn't renewed.

Comment from the boss? "You only leave twice"
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Choose a name belonging to no-one in the office - and slot a 'Best wishes' in from that person for every card that passes by.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      "would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights"

So many of us left that department because our new boss was a twunt.
                      Would the last person to leave tell the boss to turn his own ****ing lights off.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X