• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Mail lost my Passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail lost my Passport

Sent my passport by Royal Mail first class signed for to DVLA and they say just the envelope just reached without any contents...apparently Royal mail lost the contents..all they can do is ask me to fill a p58 form which gives a 34£ compensation....what do u guys reckon? how abt suing RM?

Lots of passports go missing in the post. Not a right lot anyone seems to be able to do about it, or are that interested.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

best to use a courier then for something as important as a passport.
      must be worth £5 of anybody's money.

Comment

This was recorded delivery?

I had to send mine only a couple of weeks ago used DHL, cost plenty but speed and reliability were a factor - I've had too many bad experiences with the RM especially where redirection is concerned.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 7 May 2007, 20:38.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
          This was recorded delivery?

I had to send mine only a couple of weeks ago used DH, cost plenty but speed and reliability were a factor - I've had too many bad experiences with the RM especially where redirection is concerned.
          It was signed for first class...But in any case RM are not liable for the contents in the envelopes?? thats not right..is it?

Comment

You should have used Special Delivery - costs extra few quid, but RM's liability is much higher - up to £500, though chances of getting more than cost of new passport are probably slim: like everything all that insurance is a con.

Comment

I'd get credit reports every month from now on if i were you.

I usually do so every 3 months ident theft being partly the reason.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If it doesn't go missing in the post it can go missing in DVLA. I was advised to take any documents to a local DVLA office for processing.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
                  If it doesn't go missing in the post it can go missing in DVLA. I was advised to take any documents to a local DVLA office for processing.
                  DVLA categorically say that they just received an empty envelope!!..Not sure whether they are saying this to cover their backs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977
                    DVLA categorically say that they just received an empty envelope!!..Not sure whether they are saying this to cover their backs!!!
                    I was told by someone who used to work there never to send a passport as most go missing within DVLA.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X