• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Mail lost my Passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot
    I'd get credit reports every month from now on if i were you.

I usually do so every 3 months ident theft being partly the reason.
    I was under the impression that too many credit searches against yourself can actually be a 'bad' thing as they all get recorded - can't remember the exact reasons why.

Anyone know if this is true?

Comment

Yes, too many credit applications can be a bad thing.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Obtaining a credit report is not the same as a credit search, you can obtain it as often as you like.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

WTF did you send your passport in the post? For a few quid extra the Post Office would have checked your ID or passport for the DVLA.

Also you only need ID on your first driving licence (photocard) application.

Be happy that some illegal emigrant has now got your passport.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's a fair comment. Contact the passport office and void your current passport number and apply for a new one.

Here’s a sanario when you return from the cos del sol at passport control, oh you’ve returned two times in one day Mr Blogs, how about that. Please follow me… You’ll be treated like dirt until you can prove your otherwise.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's a fair comment. Contact the passport office and void your current passport number and apply for a new one.

Here’s a sanario when you return from the cos del sol at passport control, oh you’ve returned two times in one day Mr Blogs, how about that. Please follow me… You’ll be treated like dirt until you can prove your otherwise.
              Tell me you don't think scenario is spelt that way, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Tell me you don't think scenario is spelt that way, please?
                Probably just didn't know how, and didn't care. There is a manual wherein all the answers can be found: the dictionary. It can also be found online. You don't have to remain in error.
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

you got the point and I'm too lazy to check... besides what do you expect with a state educaztion?

Comment

And with that in mind, best pack some KY jelly, you know, for passport control, just in case they've run out.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'd get credit reports every month from now on if i were you.

I usually do so every 3 months ident theft being partly the reason.

Sounds to me like you are paranoid...

Regards, Scooterscot
                      Property advisor for the people

Comment

Working...
                      X