• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Director resignation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director resignation

Hiya fellas,
    I resigned as a company director about 8 months ago. The guy who I left holding the baby rang me today to say he is getting all kinds of letters to his house (registered office) from companies house and the tax man saying that they haven't received any returns forms etc.
    Am I responsible for anything months after I resigned? Also, if the other guy resigned too, as I suspect he has, what will happen if no directors remain?
    Should I/we respond to companies house/tax man? As far as I was concerned that company has nothing to do with me anymore.

TIA

Did you inform them you had resigned?
    What did you do with the share capital?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I filled in the companies house form to let them know I had resigned but I didn't have any dealings with the tax man whatsoever. I do believe that that I owned all the share capital, does this make a difference? the company never made anything.

Comment

IIRC you need a current director to sign the resignation form, so there's no way for all the directors to resign.

I resigned as a director about a year ago and still have a small shareholding. I've always been a bit worried that it'd come back and bite me, but so far all it's done is stop me from being able to get onto the VAT FRS.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You CAN resign as a director and sign your own form as long as you sign the form before or on the day of your resignation.

This much I know.

Comment

Did you post about this a few weeks ago?

Comment

Working...
            X