• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be very wary of accepting tenants on universal credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Boo fricken who.

Landlords are leeches, sympathy zero.
    Unlike the councils who are just plain incompetent and deadly ...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Please quote my words that said exactly that.
      From the thread title

Be very wary of accepting tenants = do not rent to...

I will leave it to you to explain how be very wary does not mean do not...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

People by default are born selfish, with a lack of discipline. This is ironed out of them by a decent upbringing, and failing that a society that punishes them for behaving in that manner. Unfortunately today's society has removed that punishment, so those people are the unemployed, refuse to pay any rent, and trash the properties that anyone unwisely rents to them.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          From the thread title

Be very wary of accepting tenants = do not rent to...

I will leave it to you to explain how be very wary does not mean do not...
          "Be very wary" does not mean the same as "do not". "Be very wary" means "go ahead and do it if you wish, but at your own risk and don't say I didn't warn you."
          That said, I wouldn't rent to anyone on benefits, mainly because they don't care about their credit rating, whereas private tenants do care, very much, so they'll be less inclined to sit tight and wait for the courts to do their thing.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            People by default are born selfish, with a lack of discipline. This is ironed out of them by a decent upbringing, and failing that a society that punishes them for behaving in that manner. Unfortunately today's society has removed that punishment, so those people are the unemployed, refuse to pay any rent, and trash the properties that anyone unwisely rents to them.
            you blame “society”, I blame parents. If parents won’t bring up their children well, but choose to blame schools and society, rather than accepting that the time they spent making money rather than spending it bringup their children - that’s where the blame lies.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              well if the Government hadn't sold off all the housing stock, managed its users better, Helped identify the problem tenants (there are plenty of nice people on benefits) let fewer people in the country and built more houses then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Of course no one in the government is going to take any responsibility so its all the fault of the "Baby Boomers" being mean to the "Millenials" - I must have missed that meeting where we decided to do them over.

Or its disgusting landlords expecting to make a profit on their investment not giving PG free lodging like his Mum & Dad did.

I was at lunch with 20 people of which over half were first or second generation immigrants. The lack of housing was a strong topic of conversation, I bit my tongue multiple times rather than offend.

I had two 25-30 year olds complaining about the price of houses and how it was unfair they didn't have a house. The French lass was particularly upset, I note she has a French flat and now wants an English one, she sees no irony or problem with that.

Now individually they are lovely people but they won't acknowledge that immigration and government failure to plan for it is a large portion of the problem.

If you take away the effect of immigration there would be too many houses because we were falling below population replacement level.

PG you will probably find Landlords aren't particularly keen on tenants with a massive chip on their shoulder like you. But without them you would have nowhere to rent.

The fact that many bad tenants are on Benefits is unfortunate but that is why we have social services, social housing & benefit offices. Landlords are businesses not charities. Do try popping down to a Bupa hospital and ask for them to take the log out of your eye for free!
              If you scale up the Newham study, HALF of all landlords don’t declare the tax income.

https://www.ft.com/content/9efa9f2a-...e-15b2513cb3ff

Do me a favour about providing a service. All BTL landlords give a tulip about is yield. Even when tax evading.

Leeches.

QED.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                If you scale up the Newham study, HALF of all landlords don’t declare the tax income.

https://www.ft.com/content/9efa9f2a-...e-15b2513cb3ff

Do me a favour about providing a service. All BTL landlords give a tulip about is yield. Even when tax evading.

Leeches.

QED.
                That is a problem, of course they should pay tax. They should provide a decent service. They should be prosecuted if they don't.

But I repeat

1. They are not the cause of the housing shortage (the clue is in the name Buy to LET).
                2. If they were not there about 15-20% of people in the UK would be unable to rent.

You arguing with your landlord does not make them all bar stewards and cheats. You being a tenant does not make you rent avoiding, noisy scumbag.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Rather less regulation and more reliance on the private sector seems to have worked rather well in Germany:

https://qz.com/167887/germany-has-on...nership-rates/
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Will somebody think of psycocandy
                    I'd rather not.

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    People by default are born selfish, with a lack of discipline. This is ironed out of them by a decent upbringing..
                    So you blame your parents for your behaviour?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      So you blame your parents for your behaviour?
                      Nah we blame your parents for yours
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X