• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    This sums up contractoruk. A helpful and slightly humorous post receives no likes or thanks, but the reply mentioning violence with a hammer receives a few likes and thanks.

I knows hows to get more reps - tits, bum, arse and I shat myself whilst writen dis.
    You're being selective in your assessment. Mine was a helpful and slightly humorous post that also mentioned violence with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      This sums up contractoruk. A helpful and slightly humorous post receives no likes or thanks, but the reply mentioning violence with a hammer receives a few likes and thanks.

I knows hows to get more reps - tits, bum, arse and I shat myself whilst writen dis.
      diddums feeling undervalued then? - there, there, - bless

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        diddums feeling undervalued then? - there, there, - bless
        I is gonna findz yuos and hitz wif hamer|

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          do'h!
          I think it's actually D'oh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27oh!

Comment

Originally posted by mall View Post
            Just had enough of the "open plan office". Or maybe I just hate people.

To quote the film City Slickers "If hate were people, I’d be China".
            Yeah, me too. I've been slowly introducing widescreen monitors onto my desk from home. I've gradually walled myself in. I'd recommend it.
            You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              At one client I had my monitor stolen while another guy got his chair stolen.

I went around the floor but no one had my monitor same with the chair.

So we ended up sticking labels to our equipment in discrete places. After that nothing was removed.
              At one client, I managed to pilfer an entire test network, routers and all, and some poor bugger still hasn't forgotten...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Was in a first come first served hot desk situation at a large well known government bailed out and now owned bank and one day I was sat there working until a guy came in, sat opposite me, crawled under the desk and proceeded to start unplugging the mouse/keyboard/screen from the machine I was working on while I was working on it.

I wanted to choke him out but had to make do with "Oi mate - WTF are you doing?!"
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Was in a first come first served hot desk situation at a large well known government bailed out and now owned bank and one day I was sat there working until a guy came in, sat opposite me, crawled under the desk and proceeded to start unplugging the mouse/keyboard/screen from the machine I was working on while I was working on it.

I wanted to choke him out but had to make do with "Oi mate - WTF are you doing?!"
                  It was his monitor I imagine. I had to go back to somewhere I used to work to pick up my monitor. When I arrived some random had taken it from my old desk and was using it. I was very polite and asked for it back but he seemed really put out.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                    It was his monitor I imagine. I had to go back to somewhere I used to work to pick up my monitor. When I arrived some random had taken it from my old desk and was using it. I was very polite and asked for it back but he seemed really put out.
                    It wasn't his monitor or keyboard/mouse. it was on the bank of hotdesks my team had used for a few weeks and a machine I used regularly by getting in early enough. This guy had just started and come in too late to get one of the fully working desks.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      It wasn't his monitor or keyboard/mouse. it was on the bank of hotdesks my team had used for a few weeks and a machine I used regularly by getting in early enough. This guy had just started and come in too late to get one of the fully working desks.
                      Ok, if you are sure. Although the guy in question was also using my monitor for a couple of months as I had neglected to collect it after leaving.

Comment

Working...
                      X