• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Utter **********!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Nope.There will be a GPS device that tells them how many miles you have covered. Easy. They might even use the one in your phone. So if you turn your phone off, that will reduce the number of deaths as well.
    I can see speeding cases coming to court where the only evidence is phone records....

Comment

Initially they'll just use the mileage on the MOT to send you the tax bill for the year. Now you know why they've put the MOT records online so it's already available for their tax reporting.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Eventually all cars not 'classic' will be lease owned by the manufacturer and you'll just pay a weekly/monthly cost to use it. Mileage will be tracked as part of the lease and fed to the government so the tax is included in the regular charges.

Though that's too simple for the government, so they'll spend billions upgrading all the roads to 'smart' ones so they can track number plates and charge toll fees.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Initially they'll just use the mileage on the MOT to send you the tax bill for the year. Now you know why they've put the MOT records online so it's already available for their tax reporting.

Eventually all cars not 'classic' will be lease owned by the manufacturer and you'll just pay a weekly/monthly cost to use it. Mileage will be tracked as part of the lease and fed to the government so the tax is included in the regular charges.

Though that's too simple for the government, so they'll spend billions upgrading all the roads to 'smart' ones so they can track number plates and charge toll fees.
        sadly you may be right.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
          Nope.There will be a GPS device that tells them how many miles you have covered. Easy. They might even use the one in your phone. So if you turn your phone off, that will reduce the number of deaths as well.
          I wonder how easy it will be to disconnect or otherwise circumvent.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I wonder how easy it will be to disconnect or otherwise circumvent.
            It won't be easy because they'll use explosive collars...

Comment

I like that idea. My campervan has a broken odometer so you can only read the first two digits unless it's hot (the hotter the van gets, the more numbers show up). Despite being 18 years old, the MoT says it's done 14 miles.

Happy days if this is how it'll work
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What happens to those who use their car abroad? Pay twice? Stupid idea.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What happens to those who use their car abroad? Pay twice? Stupid idea.
                  People should stay in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    People should stay in the UK.
                    What if I need to visit my bank manager?

Comment

What if I need to visit my bank manager?
                      Don't drive. Take the private jet....

Comment

Working...
                      X