• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOE Interest Rate is UP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£ is weaker because the market looks forward not backwards. The 0.25% hike was expected. The view now is that there won't be another hike for some time, according to BoE minutes.

Comment

Time for some QE. I need to roll in the money.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear the sound of bailiffs repossession cars setting off all around England.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ooooh look - I get to do my first KUATB!

Comment

So what are the chances that banks will actually increase savings rates?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              Ooooh look - I get to do my first KUATB!
              As that user. Gricer had a few.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                So what are the chances that banks will actually increase savings rates?
                Less likely than the chances of increasing borrowing rates.....

Comment

Unless my mathematics is off, a .25% increase in loan repayments is £250 per £100,000 loaned per year. Can't see too many repossessions on that, but I'm willing to bet that will be one of the shock horror headlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    BOE Interest Rate is UP @ 0.5% "due to post Bexit vote inflation"

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      Unless my mathematics is off, a .25% increase in loan repayments is £250 per £100,000 loaned per year. Can't see too many repossessions on that, but I'm willing to bet that will be one of the shock horror headlines.
                      It's the people who have interest only mortgages and are running close to the wire who will feel it first.

If you're one of these BTL people who have, say, 10 houses, each with a £200k mortgage on them, that's £5k a month extra interest. At least for the ones with a repayment, the value of the loan has gone down as well so they can play with the figures a bit more.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X