• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the middle aged single folks on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the middle aged single folks on here

For the middle aged single folks on here, divorcees etc.

Anyone got a dog or thought about getting a dog for company?

I love dogs & I wouldn't get one just to help with my own loneliness, as it seems selfish, but they are great company.

Problem is it would seriously restrict my availability for contracts - probably WFH only as there is nothing on my doorstep. I'm sure there are dogsitters/kennels but they probably cost a fortune & it all seems a bit unfair on the dog. Who knows, maybe there's perm WFH stuff out there too. Will have to investigate.

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    For the middle aged single folks on here, divorcees etc.

Anyone got a dog or thought about getting a dog for company?

I love dogs & I wouldn't get one just to help with my own loneliness, as it seems selfish, but they are great company.

Problem is it would seriously restrict my availability for contracts - probably WFH only as there is nothing on my doorstep. I'm sure there are dogsitters/kennels but they probably cost a fortune & it all seems a bit unfair on the dog. Who knows, maybe there's perm WFH stuff out there too. Will have to investigate.
    Just leave it tied to a post on the dual carraigeway when in contract, then just get another one after it's dead and your next benched..

Comment

Thought about getting a cat?

To expand your social circle, why not do some charity work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Thought about getting a cat?

To expand your social circle, why not do some charity work?
        Not overkeen on cats.

I do have a social circle, it's just living alone that I find a bit miserable after 20 years of co-habiting.

Comment

I love dogs.
          How much do you charge?

Comment

You could always opt for a likeable personality instead?

Comment

Rent out your spare room. It'll give you some company as well as supplement your income.

Comment

Not overkeen on cats.

I do have a social circle, it's just living alone that I find a bit miserable after 20 years of co-habiting.
                Take in a homeless person.
                Or a lodger.

You’re welcome.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I will stick with ltd. for my company...

Comment

Not overkeen on cats.
                    Hamster?
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X