• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

nice!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!

https://www.politico.eu/article/sexu...ts-own-demons/

As MEPs prepare to debate sexual violence and harassment, the European Parliament’s own policies and procedures for dealing with serious allegations are coming under scrutiny.

Victims of alleged sexual violence, including rape, by Parliament staff and legislators say they face challenges to have their complaints heard and don’t trust the system that’s supposed to protect them.

Wednesday’s debate in Strasbourg comes amid widespread discussion of sexual harassment in the wake of allegations against Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, U.S. TV pundit Bill O’Reilly and others. It also shines a light on the EU institutions’ own record of dealing with harassment.

In a press statement Monday, Parliament President Antonio Tajani said the assembly has well-established procedures for tackling harassment, including an advisory committee that “has not received any formal complaints about sexual harassment.”

Yet four women who identified themselves as parliamentary staffers told POLITICO they had lodged complaints with the Parliament, including two alleged cases of rape by colleagues.

More than 30 allegations of rape, assault and harassment connected to the European Parliament have been made in the past week, from both women and men, via this confidential form posted on POLITICO’s Brussels Playbook newsletter.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Female Westminster staff 'warning each other about sex-pest MPs in secret WhatsApp group' | The Independent
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Institutions are not good at dealing with senior employees (mainly men) who prey on (mainly female) colleagues. No surprises there.

Comment

I have always thought that sexual harassment was one of the deals that came with being a woman. But it was also nice to think that being in the West, we were making greater progress at creating environments for women to get on with the business of being women without fear of inappropriate behaviour. I pretty much put all that fluffy thinking to one side when I went to work for a high level international organisation and saw how the local women were exploited, and those who refused to provide sexual favours refused work or sacked. Some of these were women who had no other source of income to feed their kids. So it comes as no surprise to me whatever that these institutions are staffed with people who just cannot keep their hands to themselves.

Comment

How does CUK deal with harassment cases?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            How does CUK deal with harassment cases?
            Wedgies.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Wedgies.
              By cojak at the meet ups?

I must go to the next one.

Please don't tell me it is by MF.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                By cojak at the meet ups?

I must go to the next one.

Please don't tell me it is by MF.....
                1st offence - NAT
                2nd offence - oPM's mum

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  1st offence - NAT
                  2nd offence - oPM's mum
                  Well with her parkinson's she does not need to do that much work.

Comment

Working...
                  X