• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bulls@t on LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulls@t on LinkedIn

Never ceases to amaze me. Got a mate who lists his previous roles and pretty much every one lists him as director, managing director, owner etc.

He recently started a new position. Usual lofty title. Not what the company website says lol. Also, does he not realise the director information is publicly available?

I did notice he was director of one company for a day about 15 years ago. It was closed down a week or two later. Sounds like a bit of scam going on here. Seems it set his mind going on how important he could be. He was boasting the other day about his bonus and he should hit "6 figures" this year. I usually find that people who say this sort of thing usually means you can divide by at least 2 for the truth.

He does work in marketing mind so maybe its a given. If he was a contractor he'd definitely list himself as owner of a multi-national IT company.

If I was interviewing someone, I'd look on linked in. 10 minutes of research and you'd realise it was all complete c*ck. No way would I go near someone like this....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Who gives a Bulls@t...

Have you cross-referenced with his Tinder profile?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Got a mate...
      I frankly doubt it.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me. Got a mate who lists his previous roles and pretty much every one lists him as director, managing director, owner etc.

He recently started a new position. Usual lofty title. Not what the company website says lol. Also, does he not realise the director information is publicly available?

I did notice he was director of one company for a day about 15 years ago. It was closed down a week or two later. Sounds like a bit of scam going on here. Seems it set his mind going on how important he could be. He was boasting the other day about his bonus and he should hit "6 figures" this year. I usually find that people who say this sort of thing usually means you can divide by at least 2 for the truth.

He does work in marketing mind so maybe its a given. If he was a contractor he'd definitely list himself as owner of a multi-national IT company.

If I was interviewing someone, I'd look on linked in. 10 minutes of research and you'd realise it was all complete c*ck. No way would I go near someone like this....
        Lots of people have a job title of 'Director' but that would not mean they are Company Directors. Anyway, you should keep in with him in case he ever needs a Helpdesk telephonist.

Comment

How come all your mates are morons as well?
          Last edited by northernladuk; 24 October 2017, 08:33.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            How come all your mates are morons?
            Birds of a feather
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Milan.

Comment

But some clients do. Maybe they don't check LinkedIn, maybe they do.

I did a project with a guy who on his LinkedIn says he's done all sorts of amazing things - "Senior Principle [sic] Management Consultant", "Senior Principal Hybird [sic] Consultant" etc etc. Twice I've gone into projects to fix the mess that he's left behind, but clients still fall for it every time (until it's too late).
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  But some clients do. Maybe they don't check LinkedIn, maybe they do.

I did a project with a guy who on his LinkedIn says he's done all sorts of amazing things - "Senior Principle [sic] Management Consultant", "Senior Principal Hybird [sic] Consultant" etc etc. Twice I've gone into projects to fix the mess that he's left behind, but clients still fall for it every time (until it's too late).

you owe him a few beers then, you should invest in him, every time he gets a contract, as a product of his good work and achievements you then get contracts

what's not to like

kids today eh !

Milan.

Comment

A little tip.

I always have an AVAILABLE ON DD-MM-YYYY strapline on my profile. Filters out the unwanted communications.

Comment

Working...
                    X