• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Swingin' Safari

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Swingin' Safari

I don't know if any of you are into the "Easy Listening" genre (if, indeed, it is a genre) but I saw a really inneresting documentary on BBC 4 the other night all about it.

Couldn't believe how many of the leading lights of easy listening are German - Bert Kaempfert, Klaus Wunderlich, James Last. Even Richard Clayderman is a furriner who can't speak English!

My own favourite has to be Jimmy Webb - wrote some absolute classics with Up, Up and Away (In My Beautiful Balloon) being my favourite.

What's your favourite EL track?

My favourite swinging is you at the end of a rope.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      My favourite swinging is you at the end of a rope.
      Hang on, this is a safari don't forget.

Swinging from a tree, where (s)he's been dragged up by a leopard for later consumption
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I went on a swinging safari once. Ended up with Mrs Hippo.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I went on a swinging safari once. Ended up with Mrs Hippo.
          Don't talk about ex-mrs-bp-6 like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Don't talk about ex-mrs-bp-6 like that.
            If you were a better lover, she wouldn't have serviced the Rugby team so often and ended up with Hippo's Yawn for a nickname.

Comment

Geoff Love anyone?

Did all those "Big War/Western/Action Movie Themes" on the Music for Pleasure Label.

Also went under the name of Manuel and the Music of the Mountains.
              Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 23 October 2017, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                Geoff Love anyone?

Did all those "Big War/Western/Action Movie Themes" on the Music for Pleasure Label.

Also went under the name of Manuel and the Music of the Mountains.
                You've overdone your meds today?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You've overdone your meds today?

Doesn't appear to have stopped the diarrhoea.

Comment

Does any of you remeber those easy listening compilations from the late 60s /early 70s which were ostenibly for the purpose of showing off your new stereo music centre?

I remember my folks had the Breakthrough album - it was billed as an introduction to Studio 2 Stereo (whotever that was!)

Some absolute classics on that with Poppa Yo Quiero the tandout track for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X