• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Psychometric tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychometric tests

A good thing, or a load of bull tulip?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Not good for you.

Comment

A load of bull tulip

Comment

Depends on why they are being used. They are just a tool that can be used effectively but also can be a waste of time if they are badly applied or not relevant for the situation.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Depends on why they are being used. They are just a tool that can be used effectively but also can be a waste of time if they are badly applied or not relevant for the situation.
          I can see the value if you have a bucket full of grad CVs to work through.

But if you are comparing half a dozen candidates with 20 years experience in niche areas, who gives a fig about verbal and numerical reasoning.

Some people don’t do well on tests, but they are grafters and find out what they need when abs if they need it.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            I've done them twice in the past, both for perm roles. Also, did it when we had a couple of management consultants in that where mentoring us, back in the days when I managed a development team as a perm. Waste of time and effort.

I don't need no stinking test to tell me I'm a dick.

Comment

Psychometric tests are used to spot Brexit voters diagnose Alzheimers so I think they're very useful.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

I don't think they are a bad idea as long as the interviewer shows you theirs as well...

Comment

Comment

A load of tulipe. I did a maths reasoning one for a permie job, failed it and they offered it me anyway. Went on to get promoted 3 times in as many years, so that was very indicative of my performance wasn't it...

Comment

Working...
                    X