• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like clientco is moving its head office from London to Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    With such passion, none of your tricks looked at you ever.

FTFY
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Did you read AEP in the Telegraph t'other day ("dangerous diplomatic fiction")? He was spot on, I thought.
      That guy keeps writing same tulip on subject of how EU will break up and also about China, he is like a broken record.

Comment

Did you read AEP in the Telegraph t'other day ("dangerous diplomatic fiction")? He was spot on, I thought.
        There is going to be a transition but a lot of companies will still be moving their businesses over to the EU and there will be a worsening recession until as such as point as the government collapses and is replaced by a Labour government that will sign up to a Swiss type deal.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That guy keeps writing same tulip on subject of how EU will break up and also about China, he is like a broken record.
          AEP does write a lot of crap, it's true, but occasional he writes something that isn't a lot of crap.

Much like the average poster on CUK

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            There is going to be a transition but a lot of companies will still be moving their businesses over to the EU and there will be a worsening recession until as such as point as the government collapses and is replaced by a Labour government that will sign up to a Swiss type deal.
            Not impossible, although Labour might go for a full sell-out and EEA. I don't think Corbyn actually cares much about the EU. He doesn't like it, but he's mainly interested in being able to do stuff w/r to state aid, vs. being ideologically opposed to the institutions, and I think he'd swallow this if it kept his party more united. I don't think he cares much about trade (deals). Also, I think most of the electorate have moved on from Brexit. As long as it happens, I don't think a majority really care about the details that much.

Comment

I don't think Corbyn actually cares much about the EU.
              Korbyn is Brexiter - his confiscatory policies are best done outside of EU jurisdiction.

Comment

Korbyn is Brexiter - his confiscatory policies are best done outside of EU jurisdiction.
                Sure, but it isn't ideological, he just has some silly ideas about state aid and related crap. Any trade organization is going to have rules on state aid, by definition. Witness Bombardier and how Airbus took a stake in the C series to circumvent the problem. A lot of the crap that he wants to do is impossible anyway. Labour's shifting position on the EU is testament to this being a practical issue for comrade Corbyn, not an ideological one.

Comment

Sure, but it isn't ideological, he just has some silly ideas about state aid and related crap
                  Yeah, it's not ideological - it's only about him taxing the "rich" into oblivion.

Comment

Yeah, it's not ideological - it's only about him taxing the "rich" into oblivion.
                    I didn't say he had no ideals, just that the EU doesn't really register in his ideals, beyond preventing him doing stuff on state aid (which is prevented by WTO anyway). He's thinking way bigger than the EU w/r to policies that address any person or company that would be so uncomradely as to earn anything more than that of an acceptable comrade.

Comment

Well he won't be able to confiscate huge sums from the likes of Amazon while we're still in. It's EU rules that see them pay their corp tax in Luxembourg rather than here. One of the hidden benefits of Brexit, everyone will be forced to pay their "fair share". Some will get to pay a "fairer" share than others, mind...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X