• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

List of things to do before April 1st 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    What were you serving? Just biscuits, or did they let you have a go with hot food as well?
    If I told you then I'd have to kill you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      If I told you then I'd have to kill you.

Hot food then. You need to go on that basic food hygiene course.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I don't need to do any of that, but then I don't have your razor sharp intellect and 100% accurate crystal ball to work with.

Then again, I'm sure that if I wanted my old gig back in Frankfurt they'd jump at it, providing visas and all if required, as their local 'talent' is extremely lacking. But why would I, when I know that you won't be getting a look in on UK contracts, with their inflated rates, long term stability and local to where you live?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          I'm pretty sure I don't need to do any of that, but then I don't have your razor sharp intellect and 100% accurate crystal ball to work with.

Then again, I'm sure that if I wanted my old gig back in Frankfurt they'd jump at it, providing visas and all if required, as their local 'talent' is extremely lacking. But why would I, when I know that you won't be getting a look in on UK contracts, with their inflated rates, long term stability and local to where you live?
          It's funny that so many Brexiteers, who once predicted a bright future, now make out that planning for the future is futile because you can't predict the future with 100% certainty.

Comment

Coming from a remainder that's rich. Not one of their 'predictions' for the leave vote came about did it (and neither will any of their bleating about an Irish style 2nd Referendum come to anything either)?

Comment

Coming from a remainder that's rich. Not one of their 'predictions' for the leave vote came about did it?
              Weren't there predictions about a decline in the value of sterling?

(and neither will any of their bleating about an Irish style 2nd Referendum come to anything either)?
              Glad you found your crystal ball.

Comment

You have all figured that it's going to work out alright and that not much is going to change really?

I'm starting to worry that some of you are beginning to believe all the hyperbole and lies put around by both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

I'm starting to worry that some of you are beginning to believe all the hyperbole and lies put around by both sides.
                  hear! hear!

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    You have all figured that it's going to work out alright and that not much is going to change really?

Indeed. I spotted the German plan for the afterlife, and it's quite cheery, they seem to have their economic interests at heart, rather than Juncker's ego. He's totally disposable, it seems...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Indeed. I spotted the German plan for the afterlife, and it's quite cheery, they seem to have their economic interests at heart, rather than Juncker's ego. He's totally disposable, it seems...
                      They know what's important but that plan you are referring to is a draft (which I don't suspect you have read) and just how many drafts have you seen that have changed?

Brexit is not a political issue in Germany. No election will be won or lost because of it. Angela Merkel’s position — to walk in lock-step with France and the Commission — is not controversial, it is consensus across the political landscape.

For Berlin, Brexit is less of a negotiation than a punchline. Germans officials like to joke that Brits are quickly becoming the largest refugee group in Berlin.

They are bemused at how the British have become more literate in the minutiae of EU rules than at any time during their unlucky four decades as members of the bloc.
                      With exports valued at €86 billion, the U.K is Germany’s third largest market and fifth largest trading partner as of 2016, according to DIHK statistics.
                      German exports to the U.K. sank by 3 percent in the first six months of 2017 compared to the first half of 2016, even as Germany’s EU exports have ticked up by 6 percent in the same period
                      So although the UK is important, it is not as important as the rest of the EU...

For German companies, the continuity and certainty provided by the single market and the advantages provided by free movement of labor outweigh a potential loss of U.K. buyers for their products as a result of Brexit. And they are wary of any deal that might endanger the stability of the single market by encouraging Brexit-style disruption in other member countries.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X