• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming has stopped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming has stopped

https://www.livescience.com/60670-na...co2-spike.html

These (El Niño) effects were in evidence during the 2015-2016 event, which caused the biggest year-over-year jump in global CO2 concentrations on record.

So that's okay then.....

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

These (El Niño) effects were in evidence during the 2015-2016 event, which caused the biggest year-over-year jump in global CO2 concentrations on record.

So that's okay then.....
      Don't be daft, global warming doesn't exist any more. These days we call it "climate change" just in case it gets a bit colder one year, thus making all the "experts" look a bit silly.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

So that's okay then.....
        Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Don't be daft, global warming doesn't exist any more. These days we call it "climate change" just in case it gets a bit colder one year, thus making all the "experts" look a bit silly.
        FFS.

Comment

The IPCC was formed in 1988.

Care to guess what the CC bit stands for?
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            The IPCC was formed in 1988.

Care to guess what the CC bit stands for?
            Complaints Commission (as in Independent Police...)

I'm right?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              In scientific disciplines, words have specific meanings that might not be their general meanings. For example, in cosmology, a metal is an element heavier than helium.

With climate change/global warming, the idea is that there is more energy in the system. That means the weather gets more extreme - so if the theory is true, expect record high temperatures and record low temperatures. They stopped calling it global warming (although the cause is supposed to be more heat (=energy) in the system), so that the thicker members of the population wouldn't be able to grunt "uh... cold out... globalling warming? bollox".

One prediction is that North America gets much warmer, but the Gulf Stream switches off, making Northern Europe much colder.

The important part is whether such changes are man-made or would happen anyway if we weren't around.. Greenpeace and other organisations with agendas, prefer the former, as they can use that to further their cause. Regardless of the truth of it. I think climate change is happening, as evidenced by extreme weather and the trend of global average temperatures (not a few single data points), but probably not man-made. I might concede we exacerbate it a bit.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why it's not raining for months is Portugal. I don't need 30ºC in Portugal this time of the year, my well is almost dry, I need rain. Please!

Comment

Climate scientists are divided on whether global warming causes more extreme weather:

Forum: Is Extreme Weather Linked to Global Warming? - Yale E360

Roger Plieke has actually done research on this and makes a good argument:

The detection of changes in climate requires looking at actual data — and the data on tornadoes, large-scale river floods (in unaltered river basins), and landfalling hurricanes shows no evidence of trends in the direction of more extreme events. This should not be surprising, because even if we assume a strong signal in extreme events from human-caused climate change, the statistics suggest that it would take many decades, and probably longer, before such signals would be detected.
                  As he points out unaltered river basins are not flooding more, which leads me to suspect that the increasing floods are more to do with river basins being built on rather than global warming.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    Why it's not raining for months is Portugal.
                    I blame Brexit

Comment

Working...
                    X