• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    There is one more aspect to this leave vs remain debate

And this chap has nailed...

https://capx.co/when-will-the-treasu...ed-to-account/

The next time a remain supporter starts whaling about doom, remind them that their information probably came from a snot nosed kid in a bubble...

No group think in the treasury at all .. nope they are a really independent bunch of economists...
    If you had the slightest modicum of a high quality rigorous education, which clearly you do not, you might understand that providing links to some website with an agenda does not constitute any sort of proof of anything.

Hth, byptt
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If you had the slightest modicum of a high quality rigorous education, which clearly you do not, you might understand that providing links to some website with an agenda does not constitute any sort of proof of anything.

Hth, byptt
      Neither does fundamentalism based on what your betters want you to fear. The whole remain argument was staged and argued from the treasury. But if you have had the misfortune to deal with them you would recognise the narrative that is described. Also any modicum of time spent near central government civil services would probably give you a better understanding of what you are actually supporting when you follow their narrative.

As a hint the civil service has flooded itself with inclusion loving useless wobbles. It doesn’t want to build a better society it wants to **** about with LGBT targets. The treasury has been choking the crap out of any attempt to start building any Brexit based systems as anyone in the relevant departments will tell you.

The muffled snigger of oh good I want them to do that is not really very bright because what they are doing is more or less ensuring the country crashes.

Still it won’t affect them and you will be gone.

Comment

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...ns-take-longer

I think Juncker has hit the nail on the head.

He drew laughs from a crowd at the University of Luxembourg as he repeatedly said Britain "must pay" its financial obligations to the bloc, comparing its actions to a drinker refusing to buy a round of beer.
        Britain needs to get its finger out any pay the bar bill.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 October 2017, 09:06.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Brexit news - EU boss Juncker says Brexit will take LONGER than people thought | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

I think Juncker has hit the nail on the head.

Britain needs to get its finger out any pay the bar bill.

I think he looks pretty silly given that we paid some very clever people to debunk the theory that we have any obligations. For the record I think we should do our best to support the other EU states as we leave but as for propping up that pickled old sod's bar bill....

Comment

I think he looks pretty silly given that we paid some very clever people to debunk the theory that we have any obligations. For the record I think we should do our best to support the other EU states as we leave but as for propping up that pickled old sod's bar bill....

Stop talking about David Davis that way, he's doing his best
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Neither does fundamentalism based on what your betters want you to fear. The whole remain argument was staged and argued from the treasury. But if you have had the misfortune to deal with them you would recognise the narrative that is described. Also any modicum of time spent near central government civil services would probably give you a better understanding of what you are actually supporting when you follow their narrative.

As a hint the civil service has flooded itself with inclusion loving useless wobbles. It doesn’t want to build a better society it wants to **** about with LGBT targets. The treasury has been choking the crap out of any attempt to start building any Brexit based systems as anyone in the relevant departments will tell you.

The muffled snigger of oh good I want them to do that is not really very bright because what they are doing is more or less ensuring the country crashes.

Still it won’t affect them and you will be gone.
              Yes of course the whole Remain argument comes from the Treasury
              There are no business people in the City, manufacturing and trade organisations like the SMMT and Rolls Royce etc etc who are concerned.

This current campaign by Brexiters to discredit Hammond and the Treasury is obviously not motivated by anything except the truth.
              Really you're on another level of stupid, vulnerable to the smallest whiff of propaganda that conforms to your brainfarts.
              Last edited by sasguru; 14 October 2017, 09:42.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

WBSS - I think we should pay but only when what the right amount to pay has been decided. What they want us to pay and what we are obliged to pay are likely to be very different amounts. Let the lawyers battle that one out. That is going to prolong the process though and if the EU are saying they won't discuss trade until that is sorted then it is them holding up the process, not us. The divorce bill needs to be confirmed, yes, but to stall everything else until that has been agreed seems a silly way to do it.

The EU have been very clear that they do not want us to get a good deal as it will encourage other countries to do the same. Don't listen to the chatter and sound bites around the stories, look at the overall intentions and how the "news" is tailored to push towards desired outcomes.

The EU are making themselves look petty at present with their one liners and this feeds into glee in the remain camp that the government are a bunch of confused, bumbling baboons. I still have faith in them to work out a way around these issues. Call me a misguided fool if you want but I am still happy to be working towards getting out. My only concern is that the EU will stuff this up enough for another gov to get in here and call another referendum giving a route back in to the EU.

As for the OP on this post I totally agree with what Mr Dolan said, in or out will make very little difference to the less well off here. Same with Labour and the tuition fees, the youth loved them for that but do not realise they will just end up paying more in other taxes when they are older, misguided dolts that they are. The country giveth, and the country taketh away.

Comment

In the end the UK will have a deal very similar to Switzerland, paying into the budget, freedom of movement with a token gesture and subject to most of the EU regulations, therefore people won't be much affected.

It is a bit like living in a semi-detached house and not trusting your neighbour, it doesn't matter what sort of legal steps you take, if their half collapses your house does too.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    WBSS - I think we should pay but only when what the right amount to pay has been decided. What they want us to pay and what we are obliged to pay are likely to be very different amounts. Let the lawyers battle that one out. That is going to prolong the process though and if the EU are saying they won't discuss trade until that is sorted then it is them holding up the process, not us. The divorce bill needs to be confirmed, yes, but to stall everything else until that has been agreed seems a silly way to do it.
                    When you are negotiating with someone you don't wind them up even if the person is an a***hole. Davis and now even Hammond has wound up the EU side.

The EU have been very clear that they do not want us to get a good deal as it will encourage other countries to do the same.
                    The only deals we can have are similar to what other countries have so it's either Switzerland, Norway or Canada. The 4 freedoms are fundamental EU principles and both Switzerland and Norway comply with them.

It also would help if our Brexit Secretary and the UK negotiating team actually read the EU directives and realised that we can implement things under EU law e.g. chucking people out after 3 months if they can't stand on their own too feet economically before starting the negotiation. (Then again when your PM was the Home Secretary who could have brought things like this in it is better to stay silent over something.)

Don't listen to the chatter and sound bites around the stories, look at the overall intentions and how the "news" is tailored to push towards desired outcomes.
                    Most of our "news" comes from media moguls who know that while they can't control or influence the EU and the governments any other EU country they can strongly influence the UK government.

The EU are making themselves look petty at present with their one liners
                    Stop believing the press run by the media moguls who strongly influence the UK government.

and this feeds into glee in the remain camp that the government are a bunch of confused, bumbling baboons.
                    Some of ministers in government like some of our MPs in all parties are. For example Boris and Hunt keep sprouting tulip which have been pointed out to them is statistically not true however you slice up the figures. Then we have the idiots on the opposition side who can't remember to bring with them the notes they are given.

I still have faith in them to work out a way around these issues. Call me a misguided fool if you want but I am still happy to be working towards getting out.
                    You said it. It is all a con to keep the Tory party together.

My only concern is that the EU will stuff this up enough for another gov to get in here and call another referendum giving a route back in to the EU.
                    Funny thing is Corby is anti-EU. Unfortunately he's annoyed so many of his MPs he's had to surround himself with idiots.

As for the OP on this post I totally agree with what Mr Dolan said, in or out will make very little difference to the less well off here. Same with Labour and the tuition fees, the youth loved them for that but do not realise they will just end up paying more in other taxes when they are older, misguided dolts that they are. The country giveth, and the country taketh away.
                    The youth actually want things like affordable decent housing so they don't have to live with their parents into their 30s, a working NHS, and jobs with prospects and decent pay e.g. ones that aren't on zero hours contracts. You forget that not all 18-25 years olds go to university, and even out of the nearly 50% that start not all of them finish.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The EU are making themselves look petty at present with their one liners and this feeds into glee in the remain camp that the government are a bunch of confused, bumbling baboons. I still have faith in them to work out a way around these issues. Call me a misguided fool if you want but I am still happy to be working towards getting out. My only concern is that the EU will stuff this up enough for another gov to get in here and call another referendum giving a route back in to the EU.
                      I just love the way you Brexiters live in alternative non-factual universe.
                      Of course the talks not going well is all the EU's fault, nothing at all to do with the fact that the Tory cabinet are fighting like ferrets in a sack, with completely different views of which direction Brexit should go.
                      Bit hard to negotiate when you haven't settled on what you want, what?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/458033...xit-red-lines/
                      https://www.ft.com/content/06251f4e-...1ee9c?mhq5j=e6
                      https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...-brexit-split/
                      Cabinet split over handling of Brexit
                      Last edited by sasguru; 14 October 2017, 11:00.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X