• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You get born with a decent IQ in a rich country.
    Erm not quite. Most of the guys I have met that are occupying the top jobs have IQ's lower than my dog... But probably went to one or more public schools. Execution trumps IQ every time.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      I have worked with the Treasury thanks very much. They are exactly as that article describes them. The same points that I have mentioned and linked to have also been openly stated by other MP's namely that the treasury is a bunch of kids with no collective corporate memory. They have no rigorous auditing of their outputs and absolutely no intention of admitting to failures. They are unchecked and the last bunch of people on the planet you should be listening to for wealth creation tips.

Now fook off abroad and stop moaning about the things you have no hope of controlling.
      Erm not quite. Most of the guys I have met that are occupying the top jobs have IQ's lower than my dog... But probably went to one or more public schools. Execution trumps IQ every time.
      Whoosh! Way to to miss the point on both posts.
      When I said you were another level of stupid I was right, as you prove every time you post.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Whoosh! Way to to miss the point on both posts.
        When I said you were another level of stupid I was right, as you prove every time you post.

Comment

don't show him your arse he will think he is back in prep school!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Great quote from Michael Heseltine:

“The customs parks they want him to build could become the cemeteries of British trade interests in which the lorries park and wait. And wait…”
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The sinister side of Brexit is that despite the EU lying about becoming a Superstate with its own Army & government, with a little bit of luck we will get German police (admittedly we need to improve their handling of sex offences) or UK police not the spanish (more on them later).

They have publicly gone on record saying they want to punish us for having the audacity for leaving.

We can assume the punishment beatings will continue. Seems Bojo was right months ago and the Spanish proved it.

The EU has caused some of our worst food scares.

Many countries ignore the rules and illegally favour their own business. Plenty of countries in the EU are considered world leaders at corruption.

Half of Eastern Europe has moved here to hold the wages down and repatriate money to make their countries richer.

half of Africa has moved to Europe.

Yet you want to stay, I reckon its Stockholm syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Great quote from Michael Heseltine:
                Would that be Micheal Stab you in the back, slice me through and you will see yellow stars Hessy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_affair

In early January Lloyds Bank sent Heseltine a letter and in his reply he listed the things which in his view would happen if Westland chose Sikorsky instead of the European alternative. He claimed, contradicting Thatcher's reassurances to Cuckney, that Westland risked losing future European orders if the Sikorsky option was chosen. Heseltine leaked this letter to The Times. The letter, on Thatcher's request, was referred to the Solicitor-General, Patrick Mayhew.
                Shocking he is so for remain.

Comment

Great article by Michael:

Brexit failing

Novelist Robert Harris put it perfectly when he said last week: ‘The Brexiteers are sounding increasingly like Marxists: the theory is perfect, it just hasn’t been implemented properly’.

“This is why they are seeking a Treasury scapegoat, as the argument slips away from them.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 October 2017, 10:00.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Would that be Micheal Stab you in the back, slice me through and you will see yellow stars Hessy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_affair

Shocking he is so for remain.
                    Westland makes an Interesting story. Basically their strategy of building US helicopters failed because only the MoD would buy them. Lets face it why would any one buy an Apache or Sikorsky helicopter from Westland when they can buy a better one from Boeing or Sikorsky. They have since merged with a European helicopter manufacturer and sell them all over the world.

In conclusion Heseltine was right, building US licensed helicopters was a stupid idea, it basically allowed them only to sell to the MoD, who probably wouldn't have bought them if they had been free to choose.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      The sinister side of Brexit is that despite the EU lying about becoming a Superstate with its own Army & government, with a little bit of luck we will get German police (admittedly we need to improve their handling of sex offences) or UK police not the spanish (more on them later).

They have publicly gone on record saying they want to punish us for having the audacity for leaving.

We can assume the punishment beatings will continue. Seems Bojo was right months ago and the Spanish proved it.

The EU has caused some of our worst food scares.

Many countries ignore the rules and illegally favour their own business. Plenty of countries in the EU are considered world leaders at corruption.

Half of Eastern Europe has moved here to hold the wages down and repatriate money to make their countries richer.

half of Africa has moved to Europe.

Yet you want to stay, I reckon its Stockholm syndrome.
                      Funny that - a list of points all of which are factually incorrect and reveal more about the stupidity and paranoia of the poster than anything else.
                      Basically the problem with Brexiters is that, on the whole, they're thick as mince.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X