• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any motorcyclists here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lambretta GP 225 TS1, 35mm TMX Mikuni Franspeed Super Tourer

"why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

I don't think I could ever ride a bike without a fairing again - I found my 125 wayyyy too cold and that was a naked jobby. All my bikes since then have been half or fully faired!

I wonder what GSA Adventures and Honda Varaderos are like at keeping the wind off?!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
        I don't think I could ever ride a bike without a fairing again - I found my 125 wayyyy too cold and that was a naked jobby. All my bikes since then have been half or fully faired!

I wonder what GSA Adventures and Honda Varaderos are like at keeping the wind off?!
        This has been an interesting thread... you dont hear a lot of people admit how poor their naked bikes are when it gets cold . I suspect the adventure bikes are a little better with hand guards and tall screens but surely not as good as a sports tourer or a supersport where you are leaned over plus get help from the fairing in directing air around you.

Comment

yeh, but naked bikes look much better.
          you youngsters just need to toughen up

Comment

Possibly the only thread on CUK to get to 6 pages and not have a single bit about brex..... I'm not going to finish that word so as not to ruin it

Comment

Not sure naked bikes look better. It seems to me riding a naked bike is like riding a bike naked. I prefer to do neither.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Anyone commute into London or any other town or city using a super sport like an R6/Blade etc?

I am thinking of scratching that supersport itch early next year and just wondering how practical litre sport bikes are for the daily commute

Comment

We have to be thankful to all those bikers providing organs to people who need them during sunny weekends. But stop ruining my weekends because every time one of you lays dead on the road I'm driving on and I can't recht my destination in time

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    We have to be thankful to all those bikers providing organs to people who need them during sunny weekends. But stop ruining my weekends because every time one of you lays dead on the road I'm driving on and I can't recht my destination in time
                    Try driving on the Links instead, they might stay alive longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
                      Anyone commute into London or any other town or city using a super sport like an R6/Blade etc?

I am thinking of scratching that supersport itch early next year and just wondering how practical litre sport bikes are for the daily commute
                      not very IMHO.
                      they tend to be very uncomfortable and twitchy at low speeds.
                      you'd be better with a second hand bandit /diversion/ whatever for commuting, and save the rice rocket for weekends.

Comment

Working...
                      X