• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any motorcyclists here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    is that a paradox ?

isn't it the other way around, bike in the summer car in the winter

Milan.
    Funny, all the guys here said the same thing! However, my 17 mile journey was taking 45-50 minutes in the car - 20 on the bike + 5 mins to get my gear on.

I'm quite long in the leg but short in the body - so size wise the bike suits me pretty well! I've never been much of a fan of 4 cylinders (Vtwin and triple lover) but it's so buttery smooth I absolutely cannot fault it. 2003 and almost 60,000 miles and it rides better than my 2002 Sprint with 20,000 on the clock ever did!

Got some new gear arriving tomorrow which I am obviously very excited about!

Comment

I run 2 bikes and again I use them for commuting by preference. Traffic and parking is massively easier on the bikes than in the car. Again I have a main bike and a winter hack and will ride all year unless the roads are frozen.

I'm intrigued by the comment about winter tyres. I run sport touring tyres and have never seen a motorcycle winter tyre.

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
        I run 2 bikes and again I use them for commuting by preference. Traffic and parking is massively easier on the bikes than in the car. Again I have a main bike and a winter hack and will ride all year unless the roads are frozen.

I'm intrigued by the comment about winter tyres. I run sport touring tyres and have never seen a motorcycle winter tyre.
        Yes I run exactly the same sort of setup ... Main bike and winter hack. I swear by Michelin Pilot Road 4, excellent in the rain and cold.

Comment

My CBR is so smooth I can't always tell it's cut out at a junction. Bloody thing has an intermittent idle problem. Need a louder exhaust so I can hear it over the ear plugs when it's supposedly ticking over.

Been back to the garage twice but no they want more money to try something else. Erm, how about the money back for the things you've tried that haven't solved it?

I should have just traded it in for a newer one at the start of the trouble and I'd not have missed the last of the summer weather.

Now I know why proper bikers tend to own more than one.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            My CBR is so smooth I can't always tell it's cut out at a junction. Bloody thing has an intermittent idle problem. Need a louder exhaust so I can hear it over the ear plugs when it's supposedly ticking over.

Been back to the garage twice but no they want more money to try something else. Erm, how about the money back for the things you've tried that haven't solved it?

I should have just traded it in for a newer one at the start of the trouble and I'd not have missed the last of the summer weather.

Now I know why proper bikers tend to own more than one.
            And that's the thing; I'm missing the rumble of a twin under my nadgers.

Intermittent idle issue doesn't sound good; carbs or FI?

Comment

Up until about 5yrs ago, I was commuting daily on my KTM 950. Now I WFH every day, and that's about the only thing I miss

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorOnAMotorbike View Post
                Yes I run exactly the same sort of setup ... Main bike and winter hack. I swear by Michelin Pilot Road 4, excellent in the rain and cold.
                This +1.

Nearly bought it once after the farmer had been muckspreading.

Comment

I run Pirelli Angel GTs as tyres, which are superb in both the wet and the dry. Both my bikes are in line 4's with exhausts I can hear and if you are looking for a cheap exhaust for a hack and there's nothing on eBay, have a look at Delkevic. I do miss the rumble and the feel of a good v twin.

I don't like the idea of an intermittent idle issue either. does it suddenly cut out? or do the tail off?
                  Last edited by bluetoaster; 11 October 2017, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
                    I run Pirelli Angel GTs as tyres, which are superb in both the wet and the dry. Both my bikes are in line 4's with exhausts I can hear and if you are looking for a cheap exhaust for a hack and there's nothing on eBay, have a look at Delkevic. I do miss the rumble and the feel of a good v twin.
                    Singles all the way for me. A few XTs and now the MT. Just love that low down torque. Only multicylinder bike I've ever owned was a 400/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      honda gl 1500 goldwing full dresser here
                      Was that you at Leigh Delamere services last weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X