• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Brexit economic news is....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    OK , one more time , we haven't left yet ...wait until 2019.

Hows the "Made in Britain" campaign going found anyone to supply British Bananas , British Coffee, Cheap British TV's ..and any of the other £700 Billion of goods we import yet ?
    I forgot about this one, Andrea Leadsom, prominent Leave and member of the Conservative government and their conference stated:

At the beginning of this year we launched our Great British Food Unit to promote our food and drink worldwide.

We’re selling coffee to Brazil, sparkling wine to France and naan bread to India.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I forgot about this one, Andrea Leadsom, prominent Leave and member of the Conservative government and their conference stated:
      At the beginning of this year we launched our Great British Food Unit to promote our food and drink worldwide.
      We’re selling coffee to Brazil, sparkling wine to France and naan bread to India.
      Yet another Tory Liar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Leadsom

Alleged exaggeration of pre-government jobs and responsibilities[edit]
      On 6 July 2016 The Times and other news media published articles which said that Leadsom had overstated her private sector experience and responsibilities. They said that despite references her supporters had made to her managing "billions of pounds in funds" and her impressive-sounding job titles, she had held financial services regulator approval for only a brief three month period in 10 years at Invesco Perpetual, and quoted former colleagues who said that she had exaggerated her level of involvement and her management responsibilities. Her CV claim to be "the youngest ever senior executive" at Barclays was said to be "categorically not true". Her published CV had claimed that she was "head-hunted from Barclays to establish a new funds management business" as "managing director of DPFM Ltd". But DPFM was owned by her brother-in-law and Companies House records show that [B]she was marketing director not managing director. She was also named as chief investment officer of Invesco Perpetual in a "Who's Who" entry; but the actual chief investment officer at the time, Bob Yerbury, said that she reported to him and did not make investment decisions. Yerbury attached no weight to the controversy concerning the presentation of her career, saying he had no doubts about her honesty.[17][63]
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Maybe someone could set up a list of Tories who don't lie
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Show me a contractor who hasn't embellished their CV at some point. You can't, because we all have to some degree, however small. Although we weren't stupid enough to put ourselves in the public firing line, so Leadsom deserves a major bollocking for extreme stupidity, at the very least. And you can jump off your high horse (try not to hurt yourself) you idiot child, if you are expecting us to believe that no Labour parasite has ever lied. Where shall we start...?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Quite down there. Brexit is built on lies and deceit. It can only be delivered if the liars and deceivers are encouraged to continue to do so.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Andrea Leadsom being the relative of a big cheese in a well known city company does not surprise me , the political class in the UK are well connected, remember going to a "party" when I was working in London Fintech the person who invited me knew a lot of people in the city and I could not believe what a small world that was, name dropping of politicians, company CEO's , city Bankers etc.was quite common.

They were not the sort of people I would normally mix with and generally made me feel uncomfortable so when they started bringing out chemical enhancements made my excuses and left.

Cant quite understand the deceit with the coffee though which blew up into an embarrassment for her when it was proved that the coffee was grown in a lab and had never been exported, telling lies like that for someone who was going for PM would have been dynamite for the Press, maybe thats why she didn't get in.
              Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Show me a contractor who hasn't embellished their CV at some point. You can't, because we all have to some degree, however small. Although we weren't stupid enough to put ourselves in the public firing line, so Leadsom deserves a major bollocking for extreme stupidity, at the very least. And you can jump off your high horse (try not to hurt yourself) you idiot child, if you are expecting us to believe that no Labour parasite has ever lied. Where shall we start...?
                There could well be but I can't immediately think of any recent Labour frontbenchers. Care to name them? And as for contractors embellishing CV, I don't. How do you embellish yours?

Woman who lied on CV that she had A-Levels to bag NHS job is jailed | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  You might have to embellish your CV, most PFYs do...You might want to look at the last couple of Tory manifestos and check to see how much they have implemented against how much that they have either rolled back on or will never implement (might want to also check how many ideas they're nicking from Labour while you're at it.) The Foreign Secretary, the person who is the face of the UK to the rest of the world, is well known as a pathological liar. Remember, it's the Tories in power, not Labour therefore it is their lies which affect you and the country, not Labour

Comment

Poland's foreign minister hits the nail on the head:

Brexit news - Polish foreign minister says Britain must pay 'as much as possible, as long as possible' to EU | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Witold Waszczykowski apparently made the remark at a meeting of diplomats and officials over the summer, telling them wringing a huge Brexit bill out of the UK was the “only thing” the 27 are united on.
                    ....all their asking is the UK simply pay its bill.

Lets face it 20 billion won't hack it.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ken Twatt Clark at HoC today

"Brexit will help poor countries with trade...

Desperation sound bites
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X