• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The CUK Water Cooler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    Some dull blithering.
    Yes, very good.

Comment

So what's TPD for? Which thread do the cool kids hang out at?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        TPD is for blogging in the community.....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          This is a place to desseminate inneresting factoids for the general stimulation of the good folk of CUK

Comment

Give it a few hours -

The cooler is empty. There are spare bottles on the floor next to it. Nobody is prepared to fill it. The Remoaners because it's English Buxton water and besides they thought they'd imported a load of immigrants for that kind of thing. The Brexiters because they've already paid for it doing and are fecked if they're going to pay twice for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Give it a few hours -

The cooler is empty. There are spare bottles on the floor next to it. Nobody is prepared to fill it. The Remoaners because it's English Buxton water and besides they thought they'd imported a load of immigrants for that kind of thing. The Brexiters because they've already paid for it doing and are fecked if they're going to pay twice for the same thing.
              Truth be known, I'm actually a San Pellegrino sparkling water kind o' gal.

Comment

Can we give PIP this water - linky ?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  Truth be known, I'm actually a San Pellegrino sparkling water kind o' gal.
                  It's harder than ever to find it in proper bottles now, and I'm damned if I'll drink fizzy water from plastic bottles!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    It's harder than ever to find it in proper bottles now, and I'm damned if I'll drink fizzy water from plastic bottles!
                    Larger bottles tend to be glass while the small ones are all plastic.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'll chip in something all CUKers can associate with.

In the mid-victorian era making cloth dyes 'fast' was achieved using a process developed by the ancient Romans. This involved reducing down large quantities of Urine. This was done in the North of England (some things never change). This therefore involved chartering large numbers of ships to transport it. Now, a ships Captain was a 'pillar of the society job' so they got invited to all the nobs do's. Of course if it got out what the normal cargo was they'd get taken down a peg or two, so if you got accused of 'taking the p*ss' this was a fairly serious allegation you wanted to avoid.

Comment

Working...
                      X