• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit DOOM™: No deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Brexit DOOM™: No deal

Empress Theresa May has decided to commit billions of pounds on preparing Britain to leave the European Union without a deal in a bid to save her premiership.

Tories at war as Theresa May plans for no EU deal - but rebels warn she must make progress by Christmas

Strategy Level 80 - instead of saving the country she is thinking of a way to save her own job!!!

No pain no gain.

Comment

Did you see John Major coming on the tube talking about the selfish backbenchers not supporting her, and the danger to the divided party? Talking like a statesman and yet not not one mention of all the people caught in the crossfire of Tory policy these past 10 years. Stratospheric arrogance. The country continues to be controlled by a self-interest government.

Corbyn can't get in soon enough.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        ..The country continues to be controlled by a self-interest government.

Corbyn can't get in soon enough.

The Corbyn who refused to stand down and survived by the union support against his own party's wishes.

Yep a real change that would be.

Sack the lot of them and put some AI in charge, got to be better than career politicians with no real world experience. I think it was Buck Rogers in the 25th Century TV series/movie that had a government of AI units, though I was distracted entirely by Erin Gray in those skin tight outfits she always wore.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

The Corbyn who refused to stand down and survived by the union support
          It'd be great if he became PM and did the same thing. I wonder where he'd put the gulags?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It'd be great if he became PM and did the same thing. I wonder where he'd put the gulags?
            Not in the South-East - land too expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              No pain no gain.
              The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                The bigger they are the harder they fall.
                Unless you're a big roly-poly pudding, like MF, and then you just bounce and maunder around like any other oblate spheroid.

Comment

**** it. The only thing we need now is May gone and someone to go and terminate the Brexit negotiations and enforce WTO rules. Once that is done and we are out we can go and sort out the mess from the outside when it becomes apparent that there is no way back in without a referendum and a new deal. Right now the EU don't care because they don't think we have the guts to do the worst. Fact is that we don't and our leaders are gutless and actually want the opposite of what they are telling us.

Comment

EU negotiators are totally mad. Even Denmark says they are playing games. Preparing for a hard Brexit is the only way they might see sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X