• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atw - what are twunt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    atW figured in a dream I had last night. Can't remember the details but something about leaving past-their-sell-by-date bananas on busses to promote something.
    Was it a sexy dream?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      He started an insulting thread. The fact that he is too uneducated to get the grammar correct in a four word phrase was mitigation enough to plea bargain in it down to one day.
      I thought he was just stating a fact, so now it's an automatic ban to start a fact thread.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        I thought he was just stating a fact, so now it's an automatic ban to start a fact thread.
        I'm confused.
        I thought it was a fact that AtW is a successful multimillionaire entrepreneur and you're just an unemployed gobshite?
        Have I got something wrong?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Do you understand set theory?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I'm confused.
            I thought it was a fact that AtW is a successful multimillionaire entrepreneur and you're just an unemployed gobshite?
            Have I got something wrong?
            Sassy, you have got an awful lot of things wrong. But I like it that you keep posting and ignoring the insults.

Comment

Do you understand set theory?
              Every time I read one of your posts I need to get a coffee to keep me awake.

Comment

Sassy, you have got an awful lot of things wrong. But I like it that you keep posting and ignoring the insults.
                I thought I was just stating a fact.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I thought I was just stating a fact.
                  You asked a question, you even put a question mark on the end. So no, you did not just state a fact, you asked a question.

It's the ? at the end of the question that gives this away.

So a question...

Is sassy a little bit of a dick?

compared to a statement.

Sassy is a little bit of a dick.

Unless of course you are referring to the first line of your post "I'm confused." Yes that is a factual statement.

Comment

You asked a question, you even put a question mark on the end. So no, you did not just state a fact, you asked a question.

It's the ? at the end of the question that gives this away.

So a question...

Is sassy a little bit of a dick?

compared to a statement.

Sassy is a little bit of a dick.

Unless of course you are referring to the first line of your post "I'm confused." Yes that is a factual statement.
                    But it's not an interrogative structure, e.g.

Isn't it a fact that AtW is a successful multimillionaire entrepreneur and you're just an unemployed gobtulipe?
                    Instead he posted:

I thought it was a fact that AtW is a successful multimillionaire entrepreneur and you're just an unemployed gobtulipe?
                    So it is a statement of fact (wrapped up in an indirect statement: 'I thought that...'), not a question. The question mark, however, is not strictly a correct usage, although in informal usage, it could be defended stylistically.

Comment

But it's not an interrogative structure, e.g.

Instead he posted:

So it is a statement of fact (wrapped up in an indirect statement: 'I thought that...'), not a question. The question mark, however, is not strictly a correct usage, although in informal usage, it could be defended stylistically.
                      Oh gawd, not sure I can take another coffee.

Comment

Working...
                      X