• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May

Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving.

I liked her not very subtle signal to us Remainers though.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I liked her not very subtle signal to us Remainers though.
      Yeah....go Theresa!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Yeah....go Theresa!
        She is/was a remainer though.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I like your new signature.
          It's good for your prostrate - might ameliorate your obesity.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            She is/was a remainer though.
            She is about to exit...

Comment

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

It is rather poetic and wistful he you read it

or ever yon

Comment

Another Nail in Brexit

By far the biggest challenge facing the country (and the reason Theresa May was speaking as Prime Minister) is Brexit. Yet she had nothing of any substance to say.

Getting passed the parcel of EU exit was always a big risk that it would explode as the music stopped but I suppose you could still hope that someone could come up with some magnificently creative and dynamic approach. We were all shocked when we realised the Tories had got no-one with any leadership capability and even more bewildered when we saw Terry emerging. She simply is the most dull and dismal thinker you could hope for. She has managed to come up with absolutely nothing. I can't see how that will change.

If she went now I can't seen any other candidates. Boris is amusing on Have I Got News For You but otherwise completely barmy. Same goes for Rees Mogg. Spreadsheet Phil only wants to kick the can down the road presumably hoping the whole thing will gradually dissolve over time and we'll get some diluted mirror-image EU membership that will be the same only worse but the electorate will have got bored and come to terms with the hopelessness of their self deluding dream. David Davis is going through the motions and his strategy seems to be a sort of massive poker game. His cards are rubbish but maybe he can bluff his way until the EU fold.

The Brexiteers are still strongly up for jumping off the skyscraper, convinced they can fly if they flap their arms fast enough but more and more pressure is building up from business and the markets. It's slow now but will get faster.

Will anybody or anything conceivably come to our rescue? Is there any solution to this dilemma?
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

I'm not a huge fan but I feel a bit sorry for her.

Some of the news organisations are really sticking the boot in.

It was, after all, an unfortunate chapter of accidents.

Mind you, I am being slightly hypocritical here since when the same kind of misfortunes befell Gordon Brown, I found it an absolute gloat fest.

Comment

Working...
                    X