• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best coffee maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I have a Nespresso. Makes perfectly decent cups of coffee. I'm getting a second machine for the office. There are third-party pods though I stick with the Nespresso as they have a free pod recycling service (third party pods are plastic and can normally go in your plastic recycling but only if you can be arsed to wash them out after using them).
    Acceptable for the office, I would agree.

Comment

Reputedly (if you did go to a proper coffee forum rather than a contracting one), separate grinder and espresso machine is the optimal way to go, but it'll take more time than the Bialetti you've already decided is too time-consuming. I'd recommend a beans-to-cup machine (I use a Gaggia personally, but haven't properly tried to compare De Longhi etc.) Decent coffee, and I like being able to choose a range of different coffees (I'd recommend Roast&Post) rather than being limited to what Nescafe have seen fit to put into their pods.

My wife did win a Nespresso machine but it was just a bit disappointing compared to the Gaggia, so we gave it away. Wasn't bad coffee by any means though, it was just not as good.

Comment

Aeropress, make your coffee. Take the bottom off and fire the grounds and filter into the bin.

Comment

I've had a de'longhi bean to cup machine for the better part of 10 years (facebook recently reminded me of the anniversary). You can set the grind coarseness, how much coffee is used per portion, and how hot the water is. Makes a nice cuppa with a good crema

This is the modern version of it (mine is black)
          https://www.johnlewis.com/de'longhi-...white/p2975131

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Successful IT contractors tend to drink a lot of coffee.
            tulip if that’s the case god help me when I become successful, I’m borderline humming bird as it is
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sage Barista and Aeropress for me. www.redber.co.uk for the beans
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Once you have the machine, it is a slippery slope, you start looking at the beans from artisan roasters.
                Why spend all that money on a decent machine to put in cheap supermarket coffee.

https://www.origincoffee.co.uk/collections/coffee

https://extractcoffee.co.uk/shop/

I have no connection to either of the above companies, except as a customer

Delonghi Dedica expresso machine, and Krups Burr Grinder here.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You're right, I keep forgetting this forum isn't really for successful IT contractors, but all manner of losers.
                  Successful contractors have lots of cash to throw about, but that doesn't mean they're throwing it at the right thing.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Successful contractors have lots of cash to throw about, but that doesn't mean they're throwing it at the right thing.
                    i spent most of mine sensibly, on sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.
                    but i admit to squandering the rest

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      There's no such thing as the "right thing" to spend your money on - once you've got enough to be completely secure, you can squander the excess as you like. Some people don't even bother with the security bit.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X