• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wimbledon station commuters flee train in 'Bible' panic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    nope - just spend some time on liveleak.com - Darwin awards in overtime.
    Yes, there may be some risk being out on a multi-track railway line. But in daylight hours as long as one is careful and keeps one's eyes out for approaching trains, and avoids stepping on middle rails it is pretty predictable and manageable.

That is quite unlike the risk of a possible nearby bomb or armed nutter, where one may be killed or (possibly worse) seriously maimed in a way that is entirely unpredictable and uncontrollable.

So in short, as others have said, you're being an utter wally about this.

Rail power lines were cut as passengers "self-evacuated", police said
    I hope that means "evacuated from the train themselves" rather than, um, evacuated themselves!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

Oh and ScooterScot, you're an odious cretin, and I hope your bollocks turn to cubes and fester on the corners.

I lost my coffee there.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

One minute the UK is full on right wing nut jobs the next full left with full on non-gender specific cotton wool bits. Make up your mind.
        you've just described Brexiteers vs. Remoaners.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Perhaps you should just reel your neck in and keep your thoughts to yourself?
          That's very restrained of you.

I'd suggest the endlessly whining europhile Scot FOAD.

As soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post

Oh and ScooterScot, you're an odious cretin, and I hope your bollocks turn to cubes and fester on the corners.
            seconded (although this is MUCH milder than what i was thinking, having been involved in the evacuation of aldgate on 7/7)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              seconded (although this is MUCH milder than what i was thinking, having been involved in the evacuation of aldgate on 7/7)
              Everyone is being nicer on this occasion than they would be in real life.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Panicing is stupid.

From gov.co.uk - you'll not find the word panic anywhere.

Procedures for handling bomb threats
                Police Terror Attack advice

"Eyewitnesses of terror attacks are being warned to flee the scene rather than try to film or photograph atrocities on their phones."

"The "run, hide, tell" advice states "

Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  That's very restrained of you.

I'd suggest the endlessly whining europhile Scot FOAD.

As soon as possible.
                  Or will he keep doubling down?
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Honestly, has there ever been so many attempts to jump on the bandwagon to look self righteous.

Panicing costs lives. There's nothing wrong with saying that you numpties. The story today could easily have been hundreds decapitated on the 6:22am to Euston.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Honestly, has there ever been so many attempts to jump on the bandwagon to look self righteous.

Panicing costs lives. There's nothing wrong with saying that you numpties. The story today could easily have been hundreds decapitated on the 6:22am to Euston.
                      You just can't accept that are a despised stupid twunt can you?

Comment

Working...
                      X