• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catalonia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Under what Spanish law is it illegal to put a piece of paper in a box, even if this is in relation to a vote that has been declared illegal?

What is the law the voters are breaking? What are the penalties for breaking this law?
    Spain’s democratic constitution of 1978, which was approved by more than 90% of Catalan voters, gave wide autonomy to the regions but affirmed “the indissoluble unity of the Spanish nation”. Only the Spanish parliament can change the constitution. Mr Puigdemont’s referendum is therefore illegal
    https://www.economist.com/blogs/econ...st-explains-17
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You have not explained how Spanish law applies to ban people from putting pieces of paper in boxes in relation to an illegal referendum? Is there a clause in a law that states it is illegal to cast votes in a referendum that has been declared illegal? What are the penalties for casting such votes?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        The people putting pieces of paper are breaking the law, as the vote has been declared illegal
        Which potentially* makes the organisers criminals, but there's still no reason to beat women, children & old folk is there?

*See previous post/quote
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
          EU Fascists

First they came for the Catalonians, and I did not speak out—
          Because I was not from Catalan.

Then they came for the Brexiters, and I did not speak out—
          Because I was a Remainer.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
          First they came for Benny for trotting out irrelevant, tired clichés, and no-one spoke out, because everyone was relieved.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You have not explained how Spanish law applies to ban people from putting pieces of paper in boxes in relation to an illegal referendum? Is there a clause in a law that states it is illegal to cast votes in a referendum that has been declared illegal? What are the penalties for casting such votes?
            Ok then, the referendum is illegal, as such they have no place being in a school on a weekend, I would assume that was trespassing, I would also suspect there are law's against public gatherings in certain circumstances and also disobeying a lawful request from an officer, as much as we like to think of the worse case scenario I would assume the protesters were asked/told to leave before being beaten
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              First they came for Benny for trotting out irrelevant, tired clichés, and no-one spoke out, because everyone was relieved.
              Benny seems to have forgotten who was belting out the 'Enemies of the People' and 'Crush the Saboteurs' rhetoric.

Comment

Ok then, the referendum is illegal, as such they have no place being in a school on a weekend, I would assume that was trespassing, I would also suspect there are law's against public gatherings in certain circumstances and also disobeying a lawful request from an officer, as much as we like to think of the worse case scenario I would assume the protesters were asked/told to leave before being beaten
                They weren't protesters. They were voters. Whose permission did they need to be on school grounds at the weekend? Are you sure they did not have that permission. Did the head teachers ask the police to step into stop the trespass?

Comment

They weren't protesters. They were voters. Whose permission did they need to be on school grounds at the weekend? Are you sure they did not have that permission. Did the head teachers ask the police to step into stop the trespass?
                  But who owns the school grounds? The state.

Then the headteacher and the police are both agents of the state. It is up to them to act on behalf of the state to enforce the states laws.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    But who owns the school grounds? The state.

Then the headteacher and the police are both agents of the state. It is up to them to act on behalf of the state to enforce the states laws.
                    How does that make voters trespassers?

Comment

Yeah, actually you're right AND, this is deffo proportionate - right?

Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X