• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking news!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking news!

whod've thought it???

stunned i am, - stunned i tell you
    Slough named as the 'best place' to work and live - BBC News

It's the will of the people (however thick they are)
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      It's the will of the people (however thick they are)
      "Glassdoor's research shows Slough..."

Comment

Dr Andrew Chamberlain, Glassdoor's chief economist, said Slough is in a part of the country which offers "pleasant environments" meaning "an increased quality of life for employees".
        The good doctor has obliviously never been there then. I suspect that he's trawled his database of malcontented ex-employees and come to this conclusion. Mars have been there for many years so quoting that their HQ is there and therefore makes it a good place to work is more than a tad selective.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          whod've thought it???

stunned i am, - stunned i tell you
          Slough named as the 'best place' to work and live - BBC News

Slough was an absolute doghole when I worked there in the mid 90's. The only way it could possibly have been improved since then is by following Betjemans advice. And then some. At the time, I remember somebody suggested the local power station chimneys should be listed, and I couldn't quite work out whether they were serious or not.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I organised a trip to Slough Museum on the last day of a contract is Slough. The people working there asked us what we wanted when we walked in.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              I organised a trip to Slough Museum on the last day of a contract is Slough. The people working there asked us what we wanted when we walked in.
              Surely a valid question if a group of tarts walk into most establishments?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Surely a valid question if a group of tarts walk into most establishments?
                Not in Slough.

Comment

Who wants to live near Vetran?

My sister used to work at Slough. The workers were not supposed to go into town on their own as the risk of mugging was too high!

Comment

That stuffed dog still in the train station?

Comment

Working...
                    X