• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horse Race Betting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse Race Betting

Anyone on here do much horse race betting?

I've been following this tipster for a few years now, on and off https://simonstips.com/

The biggest problem I have is getting the bookies to take the money. At one stage Ladbrokes wouldn't let me stake more than 93p on a horse. Paddy Power closed me down and refunded all the money left in the account.

I was trying to get to £100 per horse and quit contracting (increasing the stake based on the winnings), but at around £40 per horse all the online bookies limited me so much it became hugely time-consuming.
    See You Next Tuesday

That's because you would have been one of the few who were taking more out than putting in.

You could try the shops themselves but they will have rules on how much they can take on a bet depending on how much they know about you.

Comment

you aren't supposed to keep winning

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
        oh **** wrong sub-forum. Sorry mods. Please move to general?
        Moved.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Anyone on here do much horse race betting?

I've been following this tipster for a few years now, on and off https://simonstips.com/

The biggest problem I have is getting the bookies to take the money. At one stage Ladbrokes wouldn't let me stake more than 93p on a horse. Paddy Power closed me down and refunded all the money left in the account.

I was trying to get to £100 per horse and quit contracting (increasing the stake based on the winnings), but at around £40 per horse all the online bookies limited me so much it became hugely time-consuming.
          As I'm sure you know professional gamblers aren't welcome.

Comment

My estranged side the family love to bet. My late uncle sold a profitable business for millions and spent his retirement on betting on anything that moved. I can't say its done them very well.

at the end of the day its probably no worse than a novice buying shares but I cannot believe any bookmaker will have you if you are not a profit to them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              My estranged side the family love to bet. My late uncle sold a profitable business for millions and spent his retirement on betting on anything that moved. I can't say its done them very well.

at the end of the day its probably no worse than a novice buying shares but I cannot believe any bookmaker will have you if you are not a profit to them.
              They lay on free sausage rolls for MF.

Comment

Betfair and fill your boots ?

Most pro gambles work with hundreds of online wallets and accounts

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                  Betfair and fill your boots ?

Most pro gambles work with hundreds of online wallets and accounts
                  I'm using Betfair now. On the Exchange the odds aren't as good though, but there's an almost limitless number of people willing to lose their cash

I did consider having multiple accounts with each bookie but that came back to the 'so time-consuming to manage I'd be better off working' problem.
                  Maybe I should learn to script and automate it.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    They lay on free sausage rolls for MF.
                    If that's true I'm selling my shares.

Comment

Working...
                    X